Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: skins

anyone watched the new channel 4 drama skins? the adverts were always full of drunk teens and there were clips of being being ill in them...i actually thought it looked good but it seemed like the sort of programme that would be full of nastys so i havent watched it...is it bad??

I kept seeing clips from it advertised with lots of throwing up in it, so haven't watched either!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Haven't heard of it.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

It was a complete load of crap!

Some of it was funny - but it is meant to be showing us what 'teens get up to nowadays'! It is a really unfair perception of young people today and no wonder young people sometimes dont get the respect we want if that is the way we are perceived by the media.

Dont get me wrong - I am all up for having a laugh and I am well aware that it is only a TV programme, but personally I really think it takes the mick. It's all about how much drugs you can take, who is the easiest person to have sex with, how many people you can have sex with, how many parties you can get drunk at, prostitution, fighting, throwing up, eating disorders - need I go on? I dunno about where you live but where I live and the people I hang around with respect themselves! Not only is it an unfair view on the lives of young people today, but the show was just generally crap!

Wouldnt waste my time watching it again!
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

I don't mind throwing up on TV, I adore ER, but I didn't watch this because simply it looked s***e. Can't imagine ever wanting to watch that thank you, my sister and her friends did and they confirmed what a complete load of rubbish it was haha
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I've watched the first two episodes (I wasstaying overnightat my school with a bunch of teenage girls so please do not judge too harshly!) and the first had no v*ing at all or retching or anything, some talking about it though (bulimia references etc) but nothing at all graphic.

The first five minutes of the second episode however... they were all waking up after a party and though you didn't see anyone v*ing one girl did have v* on her hand (Not very real looking) from a pile on the floor (seen very briefly) and then a couple of people had it in their hair or on their faces etc. I just found it a bit gross, like foot goo or something, it didn't scare me but could be too much for hard core emets.

V*ing aside, it wasn't terribly funny but I will probably continue watching, having fallen deeply in lust with the leading guy. Who knew the About A Boy kid would grow up so impressively...

haha Hannah that's the reason my sister wanted to watch it since apparantly he grew up hot Another show for vomiting is Hollyoaks, not one of those kids hold their alcohol well. Ah well. Leaves me feeling too old at 22
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Lol, Chris is so much better than Tony =p
    Phrooaw lol =]

And in the second episode, didn't she wake up with food on her hand and on the floor..? Because it was all over the house too, and then later on she was on about how they were throwing food about all night. I'm probs wrong lol =]

In the last episode on there was some v* .. but it was so obvious it were gonna happen .. and looked really fake .. so was fine really.

And I love hollyoaks, hippychick =p But I agree with the amount of v*ness on it..

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was watching a programme about Hollyoaks (or it may have been soaps in general) and they showed a sequence of clips of v*-scenes!! Apparently they use Heinz vegetable soup!! Doesn't make me feel any happier watching it though.