Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Call me crazy, like my husband does, but my grandmother was in a nursing home after ankle surgery for 20 days. A week ago Wednesday, she calls me and tells me not to come in because the SV* is going around in there and they don't want visitors to spread it to. She came home last Wed( a week after the virus hit). She never got it. Thank god. it's now Saturday and she is coming over for my husbands brithday dinner. Am I being ridiculous to worry about it. I know she didn't get it, but could she still be carrying it?
    Everything happens for a reason...

I think everything will be fine. Have your grandma over and enjoy yourself at the party.

I can almost promise you that you have nothing to worry about
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I think you'll be fine too. Have a wonderful time!

My guess would be that if she had gotten it in her system at all then she would have had symptoms. Older people's immune systems aren't that great so I highly doubt she could have caught it and not had any signs. Just keep your hands away from your face and wash them as often as you need to. Other than that, try your best to not think about it and havea great time.

You're in the clear. My experience is within 12-48 hours, if you haven't gotten it, you probably won't.

It was nice of her to warn you about the outbreak of sv in the nursing home. Nursing homes are a breeding ground for that crap!

Enjoy your visit and I hope gramma is feeling better! Glad to hear she's out of there!

Nichole