Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Question.

In a bit of a panic at the moment, needing a little bit of help and info..

So Ive only had 4 bits of toast a bit of bread and some wine gums this afternoon and I was just about the start making myself some dinner and I started to feel this strange sensation in my throat, a bit of a gag but not so bad that is making me want to swallow, its in the middle of my throat and its getting a little more uncomfortable as time goes on..

Im really hoping that this isnt going to turn into another ibs attack as I know I do need to try a little something to eat but the night I was pretty unwell with what ever it was, I felt this slight gag feeling and bloated, for those with ibs they will understand the pressure and n* with the bloatedness, so Im just trying to work out whether or not this could be connected.

The feeling comes and goes, gets a bit worse and then eases off again..

Anyone got any insight into it?

Im going to try some mash and a little bit of veg for my dinner, I keep getting the urge to eat mashed potatos, no Im not preggers lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you been eating enough? Maybe it is a hungry feeling? My throat
    gets that feeling when I am hungry. I also get it when I am anxious and
    when my acid reflux is acting up. I'm sorry that is probably not much
    help, but if you feel like eating, you should definitely eat. I really
    hope you start feeling better soon.

Hey susie_q,

Yea, Im going to try a little something to eat, try force myself..

I dont know if we get into a pattern of not eating enough and our body reacts to it either way, like whether I eat or not it still doesnt enjoy it because its not used to it.

Im wondering if it has anything to do with not having a period in 4 months now, or that could be stress I dont know, but it isnt helping either..

Thankx for youre reply hun!x

I think you should go to the doctor, sounds like there is something
    weird going on, especially if you haven't had a period in 4 months. You
    made a joke about not being pregnant, so I assume you know that for
    sure.

Take care of yourself and maybe give your doctor a call on Monday.

You know what when i was in grade tweleve i had to leave school because i got this sudden feeling that i had a a piece of something stuck in my throat , it was so wierd but i swear to you i honestly thought i had something in there and i was making me FREAK out so bad , i had panic attack after panic attack. I kept on clearing my throat and it started to get really sore I just didnt know what to do. I went to the doctors the next day and he checked me and said everything was fine and that i may have scrated my throat with something i was eating. anyways all i did was wait until the sensation went away, i know tha sounds harsh but just remeber its not in your stomach so i will not make you v*. give it time it will pass! hope you feel better.

It does sound as though you should eat a bit. Try something small, a snack if you will, every 3 hours. It seems like a lot when you eat that often...but it's not. I have gotten into a pattern of eating only one small meal a day in the past, and it threw my period off. I would literally go 6-7 months with no period at all. Your body has to have a certain percentage of body fat in order to have a period. Once your body becomes used to having a little food in your belly all the time, you will feel so much better! If I don't eat enough (which I often don't) I get really n*...then get that lump...then the anxiety goes through the roof. Your stomach is constantly digesting-when there is no food in there for it to digest, you get that n* feeling as a reminder to eat. This phobia sucks ass~ but you are strong and brave. This will get better.
    Be Here Now

Hey,

Thankx for youre replys,

susie_q, yea hun I know 100% Im not preggers, but I do need to go to the docs anyway so I may mention it while Im there, thank you for youre help!!

punchbuggy, Im so sorry to hear that, that happined to you, but I get where youre coming from with it, I got to controll the sensations againsed the anxiety yea (easier said than done) but yea I get it, thankx hun!

nicki77, think I should start that then, not having such a big deal about huge dinners but eat small and often, need to try get my body into a regular cycle, (easier said than done lol) yea, just with me Im still phobic with food some things that I want I still cant eat so then get bored of my food, so I suppose theres two hurdles there to try get over, thankx for youre input though, Im going to try it!

Thankx again guys! x