Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hubby is sick

He came home a couple of hours early from work. He said he ate a hot dog from a hot dog stand at work and after he ate about 3/4 of it, he thought it tasted funny, so he took the hot dog out of the bun and the bottom was sold green mold. Hot dogs from this place make him sick when they aren't green (why he continues to eat there, I have no idea) but this time it's really bad. Usually he gets a little indigestion, maybe some d*, but this time ahs been bad. He's had tons of d* and feels like v*. He said he actually tried to make himself v* at work but couldn't. He just said to me that he hopes he doesn't get up in the middle of the night and v*. That he was hopingto get a good nights sleep tonight. I know he probably isn't really sick, that its just from the hot dog, but I'm still nervous. I really hate waking up to the sound of him v*.

I'm with Hippy andwould report the hot dog vendor. What if a child ate there and got sick? Maybe because he has had a lot of d* he won't v* because it has already gone through his system. My heart goes out to you.

He seems to be doing a little better. He has a really sensative stomach, and those hot dogs are just gross! Who knows how long they sit there?! Hopefully he learned his lesson, but I doubt it. He just told me it's subsiding a little bit. He never v*d and he had all of his d* at work, so hopefully my daughter and I are in clear just in case?

Once he feels better, you need to give him a huge talking to. We worry about restaurants? Street vendors don't have anyone to answer to. The customer is a total Buyer Beware!!! The only thing I would buy from a street vendor is bottled water and I would wipe the bottle down with a Purell wipe.

The hot dog could sit at lukewarm temperature and contract all kinds of bacteria. Also, who on earth knows how the food is prepared and handled.

Hubby needs to be scolded.

Stella

[QUOTE=hippychick]Ok firstly I'd ban him from the hot dog stand.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are like my long-missing best friends!

Nichole [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

O.M.G.

That is absolutely disgusting about the moldy hotdogs. I hope your husband is feeling better! I agree with everyone about having a talk with him!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Poor guy-I think I'd be scarred for life-I definately wouldask him to stay away from the hotdog stand-forever!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I'm thinking of it this way, the mold had to have been on the bun right, not the hot dog itself right?... I mean the hot dog would have made him sick promptly if it had gone bad enough to mold. If this was the case, then unless your husband is allergic to penicillan eating moldy bread should not have made/make him sick. Yes it makes it taste strong and pretty foul, but green/blue mold is not dangerous. Many people still eat moldy bread or cheeserather than toss it,they just cut the mold off because it tastes unpleasant.

My best guess is that he either feels sick from the hotdog itself (since they've made him feel ill before) or he feels sick (like many of us would) simply because of the whole idea of eating mold [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] the power of the mind ya know!

But honestly, a moldy hot dog bun won't hurt him... maybe you should let him know and see if he feels better upon suggestion [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Gross.. poor guy!! But there is no way you are going to be sick.. he was just irresponsible and ate a hot dog. Haha any hot dog makes me sick!!
    ☮ ♥ emma