Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: control issue...??

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • fear of the unknown

6 10.53%
  • control issue

8 14.04%
  • both

28 49.12%
  • other

2 3.51%
  • not sure

13 22.81%

just wondering if you feel your emets may be a fear of the unknown or a control issue, or maybe youre just not sure... i know with me it's mostly a fear of the unknown since it's been many years... i've noticed that people in my situation can v* after many years and then be ok with it because they know they're ok and they don't have that control factor and it's not so 'unknown' anymore... other people with the control issue can v* many times and are just as terrified... just a thought.

Not sure.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

TOTALLY fear of the unknown for me

I chose "other" because for me I think it is the feeling of being n* or v*.

**graphic**

I hate the feeling of your stomach jumping up. I heard once that your stomach actually turns itself inside out!!!!!!!!! N* is completely uncomfortable for me and v* is worse!!!

I think it's both.

I'm not sure but's it's I think it's all of the above mentioned and some things that aren't mentioned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Control issue. If I knew when "it" would happen, especially with my dtr, I could deal with it. It's also the possible mess I dread.

I don't know.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

Both for me.

I'm not entirely sure. My dad and I think it was trauma as a child. My uncle had epilepsy and I remember his episodes where he would be thrashing around and what sounded like v*ing. I also remember how my mom and my Granny would jump up and the general panic and chaos that goes along with it. For some reason I only remember this happening to him at night and being absolutely terrified.