Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been hanging around this web site a couple of years off and on, but I didn't start posting until last fall.I've seen a lot of avatars & names come and go. I think I've made an observation . . .

When people are feeling better, they don't visit here as much. I know that was the case for me.

I think we should see that as a positive sign, that our friends are feeling better. But, I think we should also note that things aren't as bad in the general world as they are here.

This is the perfect place to come and get support. It also helps the nuturers by helping others. I am SO GLAD to have this support. My point is . . . if you find yourself sharing in others' anxiety you need to take a break or just visit the posts that are positive in nature. I also hope that people who are feeling good, LET US KNOW ABOUT THAT TOO!

What do you guys think?
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

I disappeared for almost a year because my therapist said he thought this site was not a good idea for me, personally. I did get quite a bit better and didn't feel the need to visit. I just came back when I started seeing on the news the sv was going around. This site is addicting! But I also notice a lot of the posts are negative or reaching out for help (not a bad thing). The good posts seem to be few and far between. I don't like to see myself on the same level as some of the other posters (which is probably denial).