Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My niece was sick on Sunday with v*, and my sister takes my son to preschool. I don't know if she'll let my niece go to school tomorrow, but if she does, should I send my son with her? I would have to go with her and take my 2yr old with me. But we would only be dropping the kids off, and coming home so they would only be around eachother for like 10 minutes there and back.
    Do you think that it would be ok for my kids to be around her for a little while? Or should I avoid it all??

i would personally avoid it. If i know anyone close to me that has been sick....i stay away for 3 days....just my parinoia.

I have to agree, logically thinking, it would probably be okay, but personally I would avoid the situation.

I know it's best to keep him away, I just feel so bad cause tomorrow is a fun day. And cause it's costing me $170 a month. But it's just risky, and he's got a month full of fun days and if he gets sick then he'll miss days anyway. Whenmy son (3yrs old) gets sick he usually isn't too bad, but when my almost 2yr old gets sick she is really really sick. So I think I'll avoid it.

With kids that young, I would keep them apart. Erring on the side of caution is my defense.

Stella

I have a 3 yr old, and no way would I do it. They always have their hands in their mouths and touch everything. I know it's not saliva that spreads, but if for one sec he touches anything contaminated- that's it. I'm not a wierdo about my daughter either, I let her play normally in normal situations, but if I had that particular situation- no way.

I know....and my kids are NAIL-BITERS!!!! I can't believe it! I'm always reminding my son before he goes to school..."remember don't bite your nails at school" Anyway a friend is taking him, so that's good. But we will be around the sick cousing on thursday, but I'm thinking by then she'll be ok. I'm really starting to let go of the emet when it comes to my kids, the fact that he's in pre-k is a HUGE accoplishment for me. Nighty ngiht!