Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This was on another board that I go to and I thought it might be fun to try it out here! Basically you list all the pet peeves you have about inacuracies in movies or on TV. For example:

On medical shows, 9 times out of 10 they are able to save someone, unless the death of that person fuels the plot line.

In horror movies when someone says "Don't go in there" that's the first thing the person does.

In Sci-Fi shows even though they travel to other planets, each planet always has the same of ONE species....i.e: The ice planet, the jungle planet, the dessert planet...etc

How people in movies order something at a resturant and either leave before it gets there or take one bite and then leave.

Okay guys, what can you come up with?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Last 2 series of Dr Who - You guys can travel ANYWHERE in Time and Space and always end up on earth?[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I hate when people on TV (or movies) hang up the phone without saying bye.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

no guy ever knows how to change a diaper...ok, maybe one or two...but the majority don't in movies/tv

witches are either evil or are not portrayed correctly (wicca seems to always be able to summon demons or what not...im wiccan and i don't summon demons...)

anyone who falls in love has to be all 'emo' about it...'he loves me, he told me he loves me...but i don't know...so and so over there loves me...' im not even going to explain that...it gets way too complicated...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

virgo_witch: I know what you mean about witches in movies. I was Wiccan for 7 years and I would get MAJORLY PEEVED when they made it seem like all Witches did was like cast spells and ridiculous spells at that, and they worked! You may like the movie "The Craft" but I thought it was stupid and although some of the things they did were Wiccan rituals, the rest of the movie was crap (From a Wiccan point of view) I'm Catholic now (What a change huh? LoL) but I don't think there is anything wrong with the Wiccan religion, I'm not one of those Jesus freaks who condemns it, and neither is the Nun I work with or even the preists, that's why I like them so much. Although they think the religion is a tad "Silly" they don't think the participants are "Evil" or "Satan Worshippers" I have been able to dispel some rumors in my bible class by explaining what being Wiccan really is.

BTW: I assume you are a Virgo, that's too bad, we could have been great friends (LoL I'm Libra and they don't mix with Virgos and honestly every Virgo I've ever known I've butted heads with) If you want to discuss this more feel free to PM me!

~Monica

I have 2 things, and can probably think of more later---

1) When people in movies let their phone ring 15 times before they answer it, and it's funny because as soon as it rings, they look at the phone, like it's gonna look different while it's ringing!!

2) When someone is standing there, overhearing another person, and the person asks, "how long have you been there?", then the reply is ALWAYS, "...long enough...".
    ~*~Charlene~*~

ROFL Californiagirl! The second one is SO TRUE!!

I have a problem when there are made up news stations like "GNN" or something. I mean I know they don't want to get in trouble but like everyone KNOWS GNN is supposed to be CNN. Except in the movie Primeval, if I recall correctly they actually used CNN, but that movie was stupid and I could be wrong.

Also, my sister pointed this one out, in the movie Scream Naeve Campbell's character, Sydney, had a poster on her wall for the band "CREED" but they hadn't even come onto the music scene when that movie was made.

Also in a lot of horror movies that I've seen, people get their fingers chopped off and it's like hours or even DAYS before they get medical attention. How real is that? Would you be able to survive losing a digit that long?

Then there is the inacuracy of movies like The Cave and The Descent. I mean what are the chances that you are going to find a cave in NORTH AMERICA that HASN'T been discovered?

Also, in movies and TV, people who get hung up on immediately get a dial tone, which is not true at all when you hang up a phone on someone. There is a click, then silence for a few seconds, then a dial tone.

~Monica

OMG I hate how Wiccans are portrayed in movies and tv! I've been Wiccan since I was 12 so I know what my religion is all about. No devil worship, no demon summoning, no baby/goat sacrificing.

I also hate when you see a movie or tv show where 2 people are going in for a kiss and then someone always walks in and ruins the moment. its like WTF i'd kick them out, lock the door and go back to doing what i was doing! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol....or they can constantly be on the run with no water, no food, and barely break a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by katsamsmom3
    lol....or they can constantly be on the run with no water, no food, and barely break a sweat.

lol--that's true---like, do these people EAT????
    ~*~Charlene~*~

LoL! That's why in my screenplays, people sit down and actually eat while having a conversation, I can't STAND movies where no one ever eats! And what about sleep? Everyone gets a phone call at 3:00am and then don't go back to sleep until late the next night....WTF?

~Monica

I just hate these action movies when a guy will just get hit with a chair or something and he's either dead or passed out cold on the floor.I also hate when (movie or show) the phone rings in the middle of the night or something and they put ontheir bed table light and their eyes are just w i d e open and alert.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

They almost never go to the bathroom. I mean nobody wants to have a "taking a crap" scene but they could mention it or whatever.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

About "Taking a crap" scenes....I know of ONE...LoL Final Destination 1 had two guys in the public restroom taking a crap....LoL They wanted to do it so they didn't do it on the plane and leave a smell and gross out the popular girls! Check it out sometime!

~Monica