Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am a male in my 30s. I am worried about v* all the time. I read the truth about NV on this website and I feel aLOT better. I know the media hypes these things, but I was so nervous until I read this site.

I have always had stomach problems and I am alsways nervous. I have read a lot of accounts here that I have had the same experiences. Waking up at night, sleeping in the bathroom or the hallway outside, etc...

Is it normal for a man of my age to be an emet? I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I feel like I might be one.

Thanks.

Welcome welcome! I'm glad you found it here. Yup you sound like an emet to me. I don't know how old Doug is(gumdropper1) but he's a guy and I'm not sure where John went but he's an older guy with emet too. You're not alone! PM me anytime. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I think you're out of the stereotypical age bracket and gender, but that could simply be because many of the men out there are too embarrassed to admit they are emets. Admitting perceived</span> weaknesses is much different for men than for women, I've noticed. And of course, it doesn't have to be that way.

I personally think it's great and courageous to post on here! You'll find everyone to be very supportive of you. So please, don't think you're not 'normal'!

Welcome!

Welcome, Reks![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

oh yes..we do have a few on here.

I think there are more men out there....but just not ready to express there fears

btw...john is doing well.....

welcome! We have had men come and go on here, so you are not the only one.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh cool. Have you spoken to John recently?
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

btw, what is the "stereotypical" age bracket? I'm in my 30's, and while always had emet to some degree, it gets WORSE as I get older, believe it or not.
    \"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"

The stuff I've read is that it's most prominent in 'younger' (used loosely of course) women. But I agree, it's gotten worse as I've gotten older!! Maybe it just seems like it's mostly younger b/c people are just starting to talk about it more recently (past decade or so). And perhaps before Prozac (meaning a greater sense of public awareness on depression and anxiety) and the Internet, it was more challenging to talk about mental health issues and find a strong community? I don't know.

Just a thought.

you have very valid points. I remember that I never met another emetophobe untilI was in my early 20's, and it happened to be a roomate. I wasn't even able to ever tell anyone besides my family how literally terrified I was of v* until just about two years ago when I told my WONDERFULLY UNDERSTANDING bf!

Mine's only bad in the winter...unlessI hear about it going around at other times, then I'm a freak!
    \"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"

Hi,

Welcome to the forum[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]You sound like an emet to me! Its absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. There are some guys around here, I guess they just don't post as much as us girls! If you have ANY ssues or questions, please feel free to post. We are all here to support you, amd calm you down if needed! Oh yeah we'll also make you see stuff logically too!

I'm a guy who's often lurking 'round these parts. I know it's said that there are more women emetiophobics than men, and these forums definitely show that gap, but we male emets still exist for sure.

Welcome to the site, you sound like an emet to me, even though I've only slept in the bathroom a few times....LoL but I can see the logic behind that! I'm always glad to see another man pop up on this site!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Welcome to the board, reks! We're glad to have you.

Also, the thing about "stereotypical age bracket"....yeah, I don't think that emet is something that you just outgrow!