Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i'm on a mission today to prepare myself...

What do people do when their spouse is ill? i have face masks and gloves in the kitchen ready to go. Plus i have bleach for cleaningand Adivan to calm me down. I know it's so sad, but i'm a crazy mess....
    Everything happens for a reason...

at least you are taking precautions, which is all you can do really.

my mother was ill with the stomach flu & i just washed my hands and stayed away from things she may have touched until i sanitized them & i didn't get sick ! =]

best of luck

that's good to know. thanks for the reply. he was there in the morning around 8 for 2 hours yesterday but his partner didn't get sick until 530 at night. Do you think you can get sick from him having been there before he got sick. I guess he wasn't feeling good for a couple days before.
    Everything happens for a reason...

*shrug* when Chris is sick all I pretty much do is clean the house. We aren't the most organized folks, and for some reason him getting sick brings out the anal retentive Martha Stewart in me.

That, and I make myself comfortable on the couch (or bedroom if Chris is on the couch)- when he is sick he will moan and thrash around in his sleep, which not only keeps me up but after I got unintentionally slapped in the face, I decided that being in another room is probably best.

It's funny- because he is an RN, and has been exposed to norovirus quite a few times at work thusfar (a few patients on his ward had it, and also 2 floors at his hospital were on quarantine)- and so far he has been fine. I think he has gotten a possible stomach virus once in the past 2 years, but I think it was less of a virus and more of a migraine. He vomitted a grand total of once from it.

Sure, I think it's important to take precautions- but I think if you go overboard it is actually worse for your anxiety, because then it becomes ritualized behaviour (ie- if I don't do this I will get sick). Hand washing, yes, important. Sanitizing the bathroom and other surface areas- also important. But I think once you go beyond that, its a bit of overkill.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^ agreed

I let my husband have the bed and I go somewhere else. I alos clean relentlessy with bleach..

i do nothing except keep my distance. zach can pretty muchv* without a problem, i guess from what his mom says, he would get such bad colds and congestion in his throat when he was younger that they'd keep a bowl next to his bed, he'd wake up, v*, and go right back to sleep. i hate how he can do it just so casually and feel fine. usually i'll use the downstairs bathroom since the one he makes it to is the upstairs, and i'll keep a barrier between us in bed. i take a lot of vitamin c and make sure i always wash his clothes after he v*.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.