Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How's the weather where you are?

Of course I only ask because the weather here sucks. I live in central New York near Lake Ontario, some areas here got 4 feet of snow in the last 48 hours with more on the way. Thats with 20-25 MPH wind and 0 degrees F thats about -17C.

At these temps salt/sand doesn't work well and the big snow plows were pulled because the drivers couldn't see the road or the snowbanks.

This comes just days after a report on global.....warming.

weather is cold here, i'm in eastern NY. wind is whipping out there, the windchill was close to -5 this morning. there's a tiny bit of snow left, but lots of ice on the sidewalks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I live in Portland, Oregon. Right now it is party cloudy and is supposed to get to 50 degrees today. Rain is supposed to return tonight (surprise, surprise).

It's cooold in Ohio. It's somewhere aroud 8 today I think.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

In Chicagoland where I am, it has been COLD for the past few days...like about 5 below zero, Fahrenheit. Today, it started snowing as well, and hasn't stopped since this morning. I wish school was cancelled! (I'm a teacher.) I hope my drive home tonight isn't too bad.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I'm in Boston, it's really cold here! It snowed over the weekend and a lot melted, but now what's left is solid ice. It's about 25 here right now, but with the windchill it's about 13 F.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

In the upper 20's here in Va. Beach (Coldest day here in over two years!) and we're supposed to get a little snow tonight, which is rare. they close EVERYTHING here even if there's a slight chance of white stuff!

On a "warmer" note: My bf and I are planning on moving to West Palm Beach, Fla!! it's in the 70's there today :-)

I notice most of us emets are from "colder" places....maybe there will be less sv* in the tropics??? I hope so!!
    \"Nothing sets your spirit free more than the free spirit of a horse.\"

Very cold in Ohio. Most of the schools in my area have been closed for the past 2 days because of the weather. I'm loving it because it is keeping my daughter away from germs. Is that sick or what??? lol!
    \"This too shall pass\"

oklahoma........barely 30 deg yesterday with the wind..and 60 deg today.....no wonder i get colds all the time

I live on South Vancouver Island and It is 7 degrees and foggy out. Edited by: worriedgirl

I noticed that too, shiva. We are getting lucky in OH. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I was glad to be away from the germs.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

It's 60 and sunny in Nor Cal..
    *runs and hides*

But we are supposed to get a storm in the next few days.

--Kim

In California its about 76 right now.

In Nevada, its about 58-60 today but suppose to get rain by Thursday or Friday..

Tennessee it's 34

It was 67 in Kansas today, but the rest of the week its gonna be in the thirties. I always think if we have a good winter storm, that some of the virus' will be killed. But, warmer weather is better for me as far as emet is concerned. It was lovely today.
    JANNA

Ohio...FREEZING! lol[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In Waverly, VA its really cold and they are calling for snow tonight. Just a dusting though. I would love to get a little more than that. I agree with Kristinad...they do close everything here. It's crazy!!

Heck yeah. Ohio represent. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I amso glad I live where I do. It has been in the upper 70s the past few days here in sunny California.
    Looking in the past only gets you down, but looking into the future can give you wings.

im Minnesota we finally got above 0 today we made it to4 degrees a warm up from -12 on Monday and with the wind it felt like -22 yuck

About 11 degrees here in New Jersey.....coldest weather we've had in 2 years. But so far, not a trace of snow!![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Okay its -49 in winnipeg so beat that ! yes, as you can tell im a happy camper.

^ haha, nice. I love Winterpeg! I would so totally move there....the only problem is the lack of a hockey team.

It's about -21C here in Ottawa- and I really don't mind. At least the canal is finally frozen!

*amber*

Wow---there's sooooo much COLD weather everywhere! BUT, here in Phoenix, AZ, it is sunny, and in the high 70's -- PERFECT!!

I am from Palm Springs, CA, and they are having the same exact weather as we are here. I think the southwest is all pretty much the same
    ~*~Charlene~*~

shani1172- my dad grew up in minnesota and he saw your post and was like, 'thats nothing'! lol, i don't believe him.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My friend is going to NY tomorrow. I'l prepare her for snow! Its sunny here in england - but should be getting snow here tomorrow

Im in Maryland and its VERY cold here. Unusually cold. For the past 3 nights its been 2 degrees and a wind chill of -5 to -10.

We got snow last night... we didnt get too much but enough to delay schools 2 hours. We really dont see snow too much anymore.

I am from Baltimore, Md. It has been very cold here, but nothing like the midwest and northeast. Our teens and twenties seem balmy compared to some -40 temps I am hearing about.

All of the public schools in the counties up in my neck of the woods were closed. My kdis go to private schools so we were delayed two hours. Its feels like just as I venture out in the cold weather to take them, its time to leave to go back to get them.

I hope the bad weather, cold temps and delayed school time will keep the sick kids home. OR will the parents have them "tough it out" because it is a shorter day?

Stella

Punchbuggy, is that Celsius or Fahrenheit? Brrr!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."