Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I so cant believe im writing this entry but its true im over my phobia, basically this is what happened (some a little graphic)

my boyfriends mum caught a sickness and diareah bug in the middle of the night, me being like i am i ran straight out of the house and stayed with a friend i stayed there for 2 days and because my boyfriend didnt get sick i thought i was safe so i went home, then for the next two days my boyfriend started feeling really weak and tired thinking it was a cold or something we went shopping to a supermarket then all of a sudden my boyfriend ran off towards the toilets, i was hoping it was a false alarm but then i heard someone say to a cleaner in the store 'theres a young lad thats just thrown up all over the toilets' i got so scared! i started crying i felt so stupid but my boyfriend came back out and he felt fine he did say that he has never been sick that much in his entire life but other than that he was fine.

Obvisouly i stayed at my mums house that night and i phoned my boyfriend in the morning and he said he was fine all night and hes ok now he said it might have been something he had eaten so i went back home and i was fine for a week, then tuesday morning i went to work and felt fine i was fine all day until i got home then i kept falling alseep and my stomach was churning, then i got extremely bad diareah it was just pure water... i started panicing but everyone tried to convince me it was because i have IBS after about 4 hours of diareah i started dry heaving realy badly but i hadnt been eating so i had nothing to bring up io did it about 5 times then went to bed and got up about 5 times during the night and dry heaved a couple of times, i kinda just laughed my way through it!

and then the next morning i was fine i just felt tired!

BUT NOW IM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!! I CANT BELIEVE IT, ITS NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE IM SO AMAZED!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

anyone wants advice private message me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

way to go!!!!!! that's just incredible at how well you handled everything!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Congrats! I remember when I v'd after I got my wisdom teeth out, I was like, "Oh. This isn't so bad." (graphic kinda Of course it was only blood and popsicle. It's tough for me to hold on to that, but I'm going to try to and keep all the other people who have gotten through it on here recently in mind too.

Again, that's so awesome!!

thankyouxxx

That's great news that you're not afraid anymore. The weird part is every time I've v*, I thought to myself "oh, that wasn't so bad at all. why do i buld it up so much?" And even though I remember having those thoughts, I am still petrified anyway. I have no idea why, considering I remember thinking it wasn't so bad. Good for you!

Wow! I'm so happy for you. Good job! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Blancfixe,

I did the same with my wisdom teeth except I was just thinking it was going to be dry heaves bc I hadn't eaten anything. To my surprise, it was a lot of blood. Bc I wasn't expecting anything, when I start to v* my mom handed me a towel. Of course it got all over the living room. Gross. Gives me the willies just thinking of it.

But overall, I agree about the v* thing. It is not that bad (especially dry heaves). I hate the uncomfortable part of n* tho...maybe that is where my fear stems? Good job getting over it...remember it so it doesnt come back.

i never v* after getting my wisdom teeth out. asking them to pump you full of anti-emetics while you're asleep definately helps. and eating when you take your meds...i was so thankful i never v*

CONGRATS!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Congrats

congrats ! stay strong! i hope everything goes good for you now [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well done, Abbey - so happy for you! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I love how you said you laughed your way through it. That's the way I'm gonna go, if and when I ever v*.

Thanks for the inspiration!Edited by: angel13
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Great news !! Im happy for you ! One day I too will be where you are.

I think a lot of these people are right......the v* itself isn't that bad (at least not AS BAD as we all are making it out to be!) Rather, it is THE WAITING and ANTICIPATION that we are so afraid of. I know laying in bed, all nauseous, KNOWING that it is going to happen, trying NOT to make it happen, totally consumed by stifling the feeling.....I think that is where the phobia lies. Because, you physically FEEL better after you throw up, right? Anyone agree?

yea i agreee totally!!

the waiting is the worst part because as much as you tell yourself you dont want to V* deep down you know your gunna but you just dont know when it will happen.

YES!

I love to hear stories like this! I think I am cured too, after 29 years! (see my post - 29 year Reign is over).

I still hate to see other people get sick - YUCK! But getting sick myself isn't bad at all!

Good for you! Hope everyone is feeling better now!

Nichole

OMGOSH congratulations!!! i'm sooo happy for you!! =]

xxxxx

carly
    Das ist Wahnsinn

I am so happy for you. I wish that when I got sick last year, that it cured me. It (the event)wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, but it caused my emet to actually get worse.

*claps* nice one luv =] x

Good for you, Abbey!!! One day, hopefully, we'll all get to where you are!

well guys....

emet is back worse than ever now unfortuantly the being not scared only lasted about a month

....Edited by: web77org

You will get there again Abbey. The same thing happened to me about 8 years ago. I v* felt on a high for about a month and then my phobia came back worse than ever! But I stuck with it and over the years my anxiety and panics have reduced to the point where for the past few years I can go for weeks without even thinking about v* and even when I do I dont have full blown panic attacks.

Mind you I dont want to jinx myself. I have just found out I am pregnant (see I am Pregnant post) and am worried this will affect my new found confidence. But I am going to try my hardest not to let it!

Keep your chin up

x