Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I got a call today from my Doc saying that I have elevated potassium levels, so I have to go in for another blood test...is th is a sign of anything serious? Or does it happen? I'm really flipped out about it. Someone HELP!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I really wouldn't worry too much about it. I had blood in my urine a few months ago tmi, and had to do another test. I think if it was really serious they would have sent you to the hospital. They probably just want to monitor it.

Well, one thing that won't cause is vomiting, so at least take that from your mind. They could have also taken a bad sample, it is easy to screw up a reading of potassium levels.

But just make sure you're not feeling weak or numb, those are signs of elevated potassium. Don't worry too much, you'll be okay.

Thanks guys, and no I don't feel weak or numb, I feel like I normally feel...crappy but I'm used to it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!