Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you have any other phobias or fears?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes (please describe in a reply)

77 68.75%
  • no

35 31.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by juliab3
    i think i might be cured thoruogh desentization.

united we stand, divided we fall

how do you do a quote, like a saying..? i cant figure it out?

I have a profound fear of NEEEDLEEESS! always been afraid of them. It's my oldest fear and I never wanted to get any blood tests or any syringe punctured in my skin! Kept getting intense panics about it :|

Interestingly I was never afraid of spiders, I actually enjoyed feeding a spider by dropping ants on it's web and watching as the spider went to lunch arachnophobia isn't in my list even though it's the most common fear, but I do have a great fear of bees

alpha1 - when I was little, before I was emet, I was afraid of needles, thunder and lightning and wasps and bees. None of those particularly bother me anymore.

These days it's mostly emetophobia that dictates my fears - I hate boats and fairground rides and suchlike - just in case someone else v* on me (I don't get motion-sickness).

I have a weird fear of tornadoes. It's weird because I live in the UK and the tornadoes we get here are few and far between, and pretty rubbish ones at that...so I have no reason to be afraid of them. I used to like watching TV programmes about tornadoes and I've always had recurring nightmares about being hunted down by one and trying to hide.

Another fear is my parents dying, and other family members etc. I'm also scared of being attacked/burgled when I'm alone as I live in London and it's full of shady characters.

emetophobia is my main
    because of it I am quite claustrophobic and afraid of large crowds because they could get me sick
    I am a huge time germaphobic. I probably have OCD but I am not to fond of doctors so I avoid them unless I am sick lol
    I do many things compulsively.

I am not fond of heights but I can deal with it.

I have some but there not as bad as emet:
    Choking
    Flying
    Dogs
    Slight claustrophobia
    Dying

oh yes

germs
    spiders
    sleeping
    getting in a car accident
    crowds
    passing out

I have a definite phobia of v*ing but a fear of spiders and choking. I choked on some food really badly last year and it's freaked me out ever since - granted the food had to come back up so that ties in with my phobia!

dentists [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a fear of being fat.. it used to be a fear of fat people (they used to gross me out, no offence meant to ANYONE) but I made myself stop thinking like that, so I guess it either can't have been a big fear or it is possible to cure yourself...
    I used to have severe social phobia but I'm getting better at it, social phobia is one of those things where gradual exposure works, or at least it isn't tooo bad.

Yeah, I have a fear of blood. >___<

I have a fear of being in any situation that makes me vulnerable.

Fear of planes
    Fear of hospitals
    Fear of riding in other people's cars
    Fear of parties
    Crayon

fear of planes, pregnancy ang surgery (only because it can cause v*)
    otherwise I have only one - fear of spiders, but it's not that strong and doesn't affect my everyday life.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well emet is the worst of course - but other than that I fear (in no particular order) :

- spiders
    - thunder and lightning
    - flying
    - sailing (not because of v* but because I'm afraid the boat may sink)
    - heights

Well I have arachnophobia, but that's not really a surprise since a lot of the nation has that.

I'd say my biggest fear after emetophobia is gaining weight. If I wasn't so concerned about my health, I would probably be anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by fish demon

I'm surprised how many people on here are afraid of snakes. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I hope no one minds that I have a picture of my little Han Solo as my avatar... He is a Rosy Boa, which are small, adorable, slow-moving, and completely harmless to humans (and they look like candy).
    I already love him, he's SO adorable [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

Yes, but they all tie into emetophobia. Fear of flying (might get sick- or someone else might). Fear of boats (same). Fear of elevation (elevation sickeness causes v* I dont go over 4000 ft). Fear of new places (less control, dont know what may happen as far as someone getting sick). Fear of kids (seriously- they get sick alot and are unpredictible). Fear of new foods (although that one is getting better) Even new people (not sure if they are v*ers). It all ties up into the same thing.

Snakes. I used to not be able to even look at a picture of a snake or see them on TV without hyperventilating, but I'm fine with seeing pictures of them now. Just don't ask me to touch one.

Dentists. This one is tied to my emet, though. When I was young the dentist insisted that I have a fluoride treatment. They filled these molds with this gross, gloppy, supposedly grape-flavored absolutely NASTY stuff and wanted me to hold it in my mouth for 3 minutes. I knew the texture would make me gag and I cried and begged not to have to do it.

I held that crap in my mouth for about a minute before the gagging started. I ripped it all out of my mouth and jumped out of the chair and locked myself in the bathroom. I got in so much trouble for that, but I flat out refused to have another fluoride treatment. The kicker is I've never ever had even one cavity.
    Elizabeth

This might sound funny, but I have a fear if people in masks. Or not being
    able to see someone's eyes when they're looking at me.

So if there's a mascot around, forget it! I flip out. They're the worst.

Necrophobia
    Meningitophobia
    Tomophobia
    Virginitiphobia
    Verminophobia

These are very light phobias tho. I don't think about them
    on a daily basis.

-Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

Fear of boats/Fear of eating in public places/friend's/boyfriend's house with families around/fear of swallowing the food and it be stucked in my throat/fear of peeing in my oral presentations at college/exams/classes - everytime i can't use a bathroom..