Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you have any other phobias or fears?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes (please describe in a reply)

77 68.75%
  • no

35 31.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's certainly not a phobia but I am very much afraid of bugs. ><

i have know idea if this counts but i associate headaches,D*,and for some reason American cheese wit v* so i guess im headachepoopacheeseophobe ?lol
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

nooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by jadedjewels; 06-26-2014 at 11:36 AM.

nooooooooooooo
    Last edited by jadedjewels; 06-26-2014 at 11:35 AM.

I'm not exactly afraid of but get very nervous when I'm up high, particularly in a really big mutli-story shopping centre on the escalatiors, I get vertigo =/
    I also will never, ever set foot on a boat ever again because the last time I was on one I was so ill I passed out *shudder*

Fear of:

Spiders [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Germs [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Crowds [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Buffets [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Snakes [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    Just bugs in general [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Quote Originally Posted by penny77
    I have many other fears, but they ALL stem from my emetophobia, so I put no.
    Same here. Lately I've been pretty scared of any kind of illness, but mostly if I get gas or d*. Not that I'm scared of them by themselves, but I start to worry that n* will follow.

And it usually does, from all the worrying.

SNAKES

DYING BEFORE MY KIDS ARE GROWN AND LEAVING THEM

MY KIDS DYING BEFORE ME (Quite a quandary-who will die first)

I don't fear dying in general, I just don't want my babies to grow up without their mommy--anyone who knows my husband and my inlaws will understand why!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Edited by: donna1216

I don't know about other phobias...

Seeing people I know incapacitated, whether it's from drinking, medications, in the hospital, or illness.

I have a fear of loud beeping noises! I think it's just one specific frequency or something, though - that alarm clock beep that goes "Dee dee dee dee. Dee dee dee dee." over and over. Probably because I was ten weeks premature and spent a lot of time connected to strange machines. If I use one of those kinds of alarms I start the day sweating and breathing heavily. I also felt really n* when we had a fire drill at school.

I think I might have social phobia; every article I read confirms my "self-diagnosis", but I think it's only very mild. It's hard to tell whether it's a part of my OCD/depression or not.Edited by: wallflower

I have a huge fear of my Mum dying. I have nightmares about it all the time. Death is definately a huge fear, though Im not scared of me dying, just losing the people I love. I try my hardest not to think about it, but i have days where i cant help it and it makes me sob. I lost a lot of people in a very short time when i was very young, and I think it stems from there.
    Im terrified of sleeping with anyone as i have night terrors and can get really animated, i also talk/scream/walk/fight....etc. I find it hugely embarrassing, so whenever i sleep over at someones house, i stay awake (if that makes sense!!) lol.
    I hate snakes and spiders, but am not as fearful as I used to be. My mums arachnophobic and my nan has a phobia of snakes, so I guess i picked them up off them when i was little.
    I also get terrified when people are angry with me, i just lose it. I cant handle people being mad or hating me at all. I cant handle it when people give me the silence treatment either. Scares me poopless!! lol. All left over effects from childhood traumas.

Scared of flying too (very long and wierd story!!).

Oh yea, and im terrified about being stabbed with a dirty or infected needle, or a needle of heroin or something like that. I have nightmares about that ALL the time. I think it started when i was small, and there was this huge thing in the media about a few poeple that got stabbed with needles, and then others that went to the cinema, and sat on a needle. There was a note attatched to the needle saying 'welcome to the HIV club'. That frightened me to the core, and im still just as scared. I cnt believe people would do that.

I also have other fears but they are all about my emetophobia. I put no.

i have other fears, but no other debilitating phobias like this one.

- Toilet phobia!
    I Love Horses .... and they can\'t v****!

im sort of afraid of heights ,and i'm mildly claustrophobic. I can be in a small space for a while ,but then i start feeling anxious. Heights im afraid of because .. well i'm not really sure but, it has some what to do with this phobia. I would dare to sky dive someday though [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Just that i'm scared it'll lead to v*ing somehow [img]smileys/smilies_27.gif[/img]
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

I'm claustrophobic and germaphobic.

I have an intense fear of being left behind, (it has come into play many times when one of my parents as come to pick me up, but I've been a little late and I've been just in time to see the car turn the corner) - I don't know why but I just go into full panic mode, especially when I've lost a family member in a crowd, or don't know where they've gone... I feel like some sort of vulnerable little child (it's sort of embarrassing) I can't even think of where it came from.

I also have a terrible time with needles, bugs, crowds and eating infront of others.

I also have this weird thing with feet... I can't handle people putting their feet anywhere near me. It disgusts me, but I figure it became a fear because the whole feet thing makes me intensely n* - and so my emet comes into it, I suppose.
    Weird, huh?

Wallflower, I have that SAME fear/loathing of loud beeps! Why is it that so many radio and television advertisements INSIST on using alarm clocks or police sirens as sound effects? I haaaate those sounds, I can even pick up the sound of a cellphone vibrating before the owner of said cellphone realizes it's going off. That bzzzz!!bzzzzz!! sound is too close to a BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP for me.

The only other BIG phobia I have is spiders. I simply can't handle them. I know they can't hurt me (for the most part), I know I'm much bigger than they are... but that doesn't stop me flipping right out when there's one nearby. I don't like to wear shoes with big gaps between the treads so that if I have to step on a spider, it won't be able to crawl up my leg by escaping between my treads. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

I'm afraid of choking and heights, but that's really it.

Yes. I have altophobia (fear of heights), but it's nowhere near as bad as my emetophobia...

I can't stand violence and gore, or what I describe as "anything that happens to the body that shouldn't." It's gotten intense, and sometimes I'll just randomly imagine gory accidents happening to myself or others I know in my mind that make me react suddenly (shut my eyes, trying to shake the image out of my head).

That also makes movie-viewing difficult. You'll never see me watch something like the Saw movies, and even though I went to go see The Dark Knight, I was covering my eyes half the time because of the violence. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I am terrified, though not nearly as much as v****, of having my hands being sticky. I don't know what it is, but I like shut down when they're sticky. My friends make fun of me, but I always carry hand-santizer and wet wipes.
    : )

i have fears, but im not sure if i can label them a phobia since they don't debilitate like a phobia does.

i have slightly developed some social phobia, because this phobia has made me housebound before, and stayed in when i need to recover.

I have other fears as well, but they are all directly related to my emetophobia - carnival rides, long rides on winding roads when I'm not driving, travelling without family members, falling, food poisoning, taking medications, being forced to eat food, having to taste food I know I won't like, etc... I voted for "no" because these all stem from my main fear.

I'm surprised how many people on here are afraid of snakes. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I hope no one minds that I have a picture of my little Han Solo as my avatar... He is a Rosy Boa, which are small, adorable, slow-moving, and completely harmless to humans (and they look like candy). I have fourteen pet snakes and he is my favorite. I haven't received any comments about my avatar since I joined here, but I guess if it seriously bothers enough people I will change it.
    ~ Natalie

im not scared of snakes, although iv never actually touched one.

although im scared of anything that makes u vomit/bites/kills. or is deadly.

That would only be poisonous snakes that might make you v*, Natalie its a good thing I didn't tell you what a fine yellow rat snake that was and show you just how ignorant I can be. I have other fears, not so much phobias though unless they are directly related to emet. Cancer, death, losing a loved one and needles... maybe flying too, I've done it a few times even when I was little before emetophobia got bad so I figure I probably wouldn't v* if I had to fly... I just haven't done it in 19 years so I don't know how that would be now!

I'm also afraid of spiders and eyeballs.

Haha, Yellow Ratsnake is a pretty good guess, the pattern and head shape are similar. Most people who don't know assume he is a garter snake.

RE flying: I have family all over the country (mostly in south Louisiana), so I have ridden on airplanes relatively frequently for my entire life. I can't recall a single time where someone has gotten sick on the plane, and I never feel n* myself unless there is extremely strong turbulance (like flying right through a thunderstorm, this is very rare though). I hope that helps some people here.
    ~ Natalie

I am afraid of dying by not being able to breathe, which I think was a trigger for my fear of being sick, because the last several times I v* I was completely unable to breathe for a while. I don't know why.

hey, I'm seeing several people with dog phobias on here. I was nearly killed in an attack by three dogs, but I am still able to work at an animal hospital, so if anyone would like some suggestions on overcoming a dog phobia, I would love to help! I love dogs, and don't think anyone should have to live in fear of them!

I saw one other person on here that I can REALLY relate to. I have a strong phobia of driving, probably worse than my emits phobia, because the driving phobia is really, REALLY crippling. Just like the emets, no one gets it and thinks its stupid and irrational. But even worse than emets because EVERYONE is expected to drive, especially people with children and it blows everyone away that someone wouldn't want that "freedom" of getting behind the wheel. My husband knew about my phobia when I met him but he married me anyway haha and deals with it. However, it is certainly the first low blow that gets brought up if we have an intense argument.

It sucks because my husband gets annoyed that he has to cart me everywhere to, and that if some appointment for my son is to far away for me to walk to than he has to request time off of work, where they give HIM a hard time because they just don't understand the situation. I mean I don't even HAVE a license. I don't know what happened, I took drivers ed, was the first in the class to drive, drove a crapload of hours during the class, passed the permit test with a 92, but the first time I drove with my mom after that lasted about ten seconds and then I pulled over and got out and never got back behind the wheel.

It's really hard when we move some place new(DH is in the navy so we move every three or so years) and I have to try and explain the situation all over again to neighbors who want to try and hang out and go places. It's embarassing..

I have extreme anxiety and compulsive worrying tendancies anyway so I really think that the emets, phobia of driving, obsessive tendancies, social anxiety all really ties together.

i think i might be cured thoruogh desentization.

united we stand, divided we fall