Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Default Re: Something You Don’t Know About Me

I am rushing a sorority tomorrow :O

i am joining the softball team at my school

my best subject at school is english, writing's my strength... spelling not so much
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

Default Re: Something You D&#111;n’t Know About Me

Update from last post! I ended up getting a bid to the sorority!

Another thing you don't know about me: I should be studying for my cumulative medical microbiology exam that's tomorrow morning.

I look forward to going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I used to have terrible grammar, and I used to type like an idiot.

Keeping on that same topic...
    I once wrote a short story in high school as part of my creative writing class. It was so good, my teacher wanted me to see about getting it published. I never followed up on it though
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

I saw someone walk down our hallway when we moved into this home. Not long after that, our oldest, (also not prone to flights of fancy) saw a man standing in our room looking out the window. That same week, my husband (doesn't believe in this stuff) saw a man at the end of our bed in the early morning. He also has seen a little girl runnijgng in a blue dtess. When our daughter was smaller she would often talk of a wee girl with a blue dress that played with her. Prior to all the 'sightings' we just assumed that she had an imaginary friend. Whoever lives here with us is good because not one of us feels/felt threatend, (not really even scared, we all agree, we zu just get a fright because it surprises us). It's not something we tell many people because to someone who's not experienced it are often sceptical. : )
    Last edited by Mamafear; 04-11-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

That's really interesting mamafear I love listening to stories like this!

Erm, something you don't know about me would be that I'm an inch of 6ft and I HATE it!!

Me too! I hate it because I like to feel shorter than my beau and tall kind selfless honest family oriented outdoorsy beaus are harder to find. My husband is one but it took a long time!.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I like tv shows like River Monsters and Wicked Tuna, even though I've never fished a day in my life and I hate boats
    Jennifer

i started being scared of getting fat when i was 6 :/

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

I have a paper due for my 1:30 class, and I am skipping my 12:30 because I need time to work on it...

I'm an illustrator and want to be a comic book artist!

I taught myself how to play piano & guitar, and taught myself Swedish (partially to fit in with my step-family!) ;P and I love to write!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I want to be a ployglot So far I speak English and Spanish fluently, and I have started independently studying Korean, German and Russian. I've had the most success with Korean though, because there is a much more accessible Korean community in my area than the other two. German, I tried when I was way younger, and Russian I really couldn't make it past the alphabet... but I am determined! I also really want to learn Thai and Gujarati which is also commonly spoken in my community.
    Nerd Girl just looking for Nerd Friends!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenCasey View Post
    Erm, something you don't know about me would be that I'm an inch of 6ft and I HATE it!!
    Me too! I am very self concious of my height and when I tell people this they just say that I am lucky and that it is great being tall. I beg to differ. Buying trousers is a nightmare, you can't wear pretty heels, you have to be careful of the guys you date as they could end up being shorter than you and that just will not do. And I don't know, I have just always been very self concious and hated it.

Something you didn't know about me... I still take my teddy bear to bed with me every night and can't really sleep without it. Well it is not a teddy bear, it is Zippy from that TV show Rainbow, but still. Why break a habit you have had for 24 years? :P My fella does not mind either as long as it does not end up on his side of the bed. Also when I am sad, scared or feeling ill he makes an appearance. I feel like a child. :P
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Pink24 View Post
    Me too! I am very self concious of my height and when I tell people this they just say that I am lucky and that it is great being tall. I beg to differ. Buying trousers is a nightmare, you can't wear pretty heels, you have to be careful of the guys you date as they could end up being shorter than you and that just will not do. And I don't know, I have just always been very self concious and hated it.
    This!! I live in tights and leggings and own one pair of jeans because it's just too hard finding trousers that fit I do own a pair of heels that I've never had on my feet but intend on wearing them tomorrow night for my leaving party. Being tall is no fun. Especially when strangers in the street comment on it! I find it really rude. You wouldn't go up to a fat person and say "wow, you're SO fat!".. Haha!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

I have a very dirty mind/I'm always talking about sex

I learned a lot of Spanish by watching their soap operas when I was a kid. I used to watch it so much haha I was addicted but thanks God I'm over it now. I wouldn't watch one never again! XD
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    I learned a lot of Spanish by watching their soap operas when I was a kid. I used to watch it so much haha I was addicted but thanks God I'm over it now. I wouldn't watch one never again! XD
    ¿Sabes español ahora?

Something you did not know about me... I want to play soccer.
    Last edited by khernández99; 10-08-2015 at 06:34 AM.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

I absolutly dread public situations and having to leave my home. Unless for a few close friends and relatives, I'd rather just not be around people. However, I've come to be ok with that.
    Also I feel selfconscious about my low weight since I'm naturally skinny and can't gain any fat no matter how much I eat (and hear me out), because when someone is abnormaly fat (almost) everyone tiptoes around the matter, but when you're abnormaly thin suddeenly it's ok to go "eeeww you're all bones, gross... who would like a girl like you"... thank you so very much for the confience boost!!!

I do not like to read. I read slow. :/
    Last edited by khernández99; 05-23-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Μιλάω Ελληνικά! I speak Greek because I have 100% Greek background! Haha

I am Guatemalan.

If you knew that:

I have anger problems. I can get angry at the world. :/
    Last edited by khernández99; 06-25-2015 at 03:11 PM.

i was born female
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

I am adopted.
    If you knew:
    I have a back problem, it hurts after standing up. :/ It done that when I was little. It is sharp pain in the bones. I don't want back problems when I am an adult.
    Last edited by khernández99; 05-23-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khernández99 View Post
    ¿Sabes Español ahora?

Something you did not know about me... I used to want to play either soccer or baseball, but I lost interest. :/
    Claro que si!

I'm going to college this year and I will be studying psychology.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    Claro que si!

I'm going to college this year and I will be studying psychology.
    ¡Jaja!

I am doing the project where you take a photo of yourself everyday for a few years and when your finished it is a video. I will put the link on my signature for everyone on IES to see.

Update 2015: I have 1 year (June 25) I will upload the video in 2018.
    Last edited by khernández99; 07-31-2015 at 09:30 AM.

i love watching those video's!! they're fascinating

you know the saying "run away and join the circus"... i did that :P i auditioned for the National Institute of Circus Arts, and was selected to be part of a training program that leads you to jobs in circus companies around the world (alot of NICA graduates go on to Cirque de Soliel) ...i have sore muscles constantly, but it's so fun

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3