Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: another emet

i met another emet today! totally by accident too. i know there are a lot of emets out there because obviously look at everyone on this board. but there is something about meeting someone with it in person that makes it so much more real.

I wish I could meet another emet. I do have a friend I can talk to, but it's not the same. We kind of make a joke about it because I feel weird talking about it with her since she doesn't really understand.

My boss is an emet, hasn't v* in like 34 years...she is actually worse than me in some ways with it, she can't hear, see it, anything like that in any context. I am only bad if it is a sv* and something that I can catch, other than that it doesn't really bother me. It is really cool to me someone in person that is an emet. When the sv* is going around work, we can sit and talk about it and freak out together. She also has IBS so is very understanding about things. I am really lucky to have her as a friend and boss.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

Two years ago I became friends with someone I met on another emet message board. She ended up living only 20 minutes away! We are still good friends. My sister has become friends with her also, and was there when her baby was born! It's nice to talk to someone, and have them say "I know! I do that too!"

My aunt is an emet. It's pretty cool 'cause when I explained emet to her she was like "yeah, wow, I thought I was the only one". [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

My boss is an emet too Silver. We just ended up talking about it one day, and he said he has excatly the same phobia!

I wish I had an Emet friend[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

New Slang, You need to move to Bama...

My tutor is a recovered emet. She's a great help