Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't lose it often but right now I'm in a state. My mum has been staying with me this past week. She has just been to the bathroom with d* and dry heaves. I am shaking. We have eaten the same stuff pretty much and she hasn't really been out to pick up a sv.

I just don't know what to do. I have bleached the toilet and sprayed disinfectant around the bathroom. She has her own flannel and towel, and I've given her a bowl. I'm so scared. When it's my kids I just about manage, I put it down to one of those things kids get. But another adult, it just seems much worse.

I am in the room between hers and the bathroom, I hear every movement. I haven't taken anti-emets for weeks but I've just taken 2. It's affecting me big time. What's worse is that it's 1am here and I'm trapped. I'm worrying for her of course, but also for myself and my kids, thinking we're next.

Sorry to prattle on...I just don't know what to do to calm down.

I'm so bad at helping with things like this but try to stay calm. Panicing won't help at all. You're doing what you can to help you stay safe so maybe you could take some reassurance in that. *hugs* Stay strong, I know you can! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

She just v*[img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]and i don't feel great myself

I'm so sorry, Suze. I know this must be hard on you. Maybe you're not feeling well due to the anxiety and stress of the situation. Try your best to stay calm. No matter what happens you'll be okay. We're here if you need us.

Thanks Sherbear and NewSlang - I'm sure part of not feeling great is anxiety. It's also 3am here but I can't sleep. She tells me she's cleaned up but I'm still worried. What's worse is that we have eaten the same food, and she hasn't really been out to catch anything, so it's like I'm doomed. I'm shaking and sipping brandy to try and relax.

Honestly, this is so much worse than when my kids are ill - and I can't believe I'm saying that!

I know that doomed feeling all to well. I'm sure alot of us do, but just think about it.....How many times have you felt doomed and nothing happened? You're strong, Suze. You WILL get through this.

I think you're right sherbear but you know what it's like, when you're in an unknown situation. I've got used to my kids getting ill but my mum...new territory for me, that's what makes it worse. Weird isn't it?

No, not weird at all, at least not to me. I imagined myself in the same situation and I know I'd be freaked out. At least, since she's an adult you don't really have to have a 'hands-on' approach to her unlike with your kids. That's especially good news if she does have something catching. Hopefully, she will be over whatever it is very soon and you and the family will go unscathed.

Well, she does seem to be clearing up, spraying and bleaching, using separate towels etc. She has also decided to go home tomorrow instead of Sunday. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved, which makes me feel very cruel, but emet just takes over at times like these!

"I'm not gonna let this phobia get the better of me! If it happens, I'll deal with it, and be stronger as a result!"

Hey, Suze, here's a quote from one of your replies. The topic was about who has or hasn't been sick this winter. I just wanted to remind you of how strong you really are. I know in moments like the one your going through now we tend to feel weak, but you're not. Try to get yourself into the frame of mind you were in when you first typed that. I've read your posts since I've been a member of IES and I've admired your strength. You can do this. I know it and I know you know it. Let that be your mantra...'I can do this!'

Don't feel cruel at all. It's not like your throwing the woman out on her behind. She decided to leave early. I'm glad for you that she's taking all the proper cleaning precautions. Hopefully that will help to ease your mind some. Other than the v*, is she having any stomach pain, n*, fever? I'm asking because it could be something totally unrelated to sv*.

I knew I'd jinx myself when I wrote that - I won't do that again! Easy though isn't it when you think all is well!

I don't know if she's feverish, but she does have d*. As it's the middle of the night I'm letting her rest - would rather not know to be honest!

I have the radio on here to block out any noise and I'm going to bury my head in the duvet and try and sleep. I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning - or am I jinxing myself again???!!

Thanks Sherbear for your support tonight - it's been so helpful.

You're more than welcome! I hope you get some good rest!

suze, I hope that everything is better today, that you got some sleep. Keep us posted on how things are going.

How is everything?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hope everything is ok now Suze...sorry this happened in your house...stay strong.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Suze, I've just seen this and I hope you're all ok!

Hope your mum is feeling better today and you are okay too. Mx

JennyLeigh, Shiva, Kate, Dreamer, Mars, thank you so much for thinking of me. Well, my mum only v* the once, and had d* 3 times. It wasn't extreme, and only lasted around a couple of hours. She was feeling a bit worn out and queasy this morning, but nothing else happened.

I'm still wondering what it could be. FP seems out as we have all eaten the same stuff over the past few days. And she hasn't been around anyone with a sv - in fact she hasn't been out much. There again, I guess you can pick it up from the paper shop, if you're unlucky!

She is now back home and i'm counting down the days! I cleaned up well, although there wasn't any mess really, and kept my hands clean. I'm trying to block it out of my mind as much as possible!

Anyway, thank you all again...and thanks big time Sherbear for keeping me going last night!

You did it! You survived! You should be very proud!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]*big hugs*
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"