I have been cramping on and off since I got the big + on the pee test, and thought nothing of it since it wasn't severe, and just felt like normal period cramps. I figure if my uterus was expanding so much, it was inevitable that I was going to feel it!

It was never a concern because I didn't have any spotting- until last night. I went for a nap, and when I woke up I was spotting some brownish blood. Chris was at work, so I called him and he told me to come straight in to the ER, and he would wait for me there.

Well, I hop on the bus, and when I get to the ER I see that it is completely packed to the point of there being nowhere to sit, and the wait was over 8 hrs. It wouldn't have been a big issue, as I was going to wait in the staff lounge in the ICU where Chris works. The triage nurse said that under normal circumstances she would have put me in a room immed and done an ultrasound to check on things, but there was literally no space. That, and the ultrasounds they have in the ER aren't that strong, and that it may be better to wait until tomorrow and either A) get my doc to get me an appt at an ultrasound clinic, or B) go back to the ER in the morning, and they would refer me to the ultrasound clinic they have at the hospital that is open during business hours. She was super nice, and said that if I was miscarrying there was likely nothing they would be able to to do, and that she would rather me head home and be comfortable, as the bleeding had stopped by then.

So- I trudged back home. Which was probably a good thing, because the combo of anxiety and pregnancy sickness meant that I was vomitting all night....I just kept trying to rationalize that it was a good sign, as it probably meant that the baby was still in there wreaking havoc.

So, called my doc in the morning and he got me an appt at an ultrasound clinic. He was so nice- his receptionist called twice during the day to make sure things were okay and that I knew where the clinic was, and then he called himself in the afternoon to let me know that he was getting paged with the results as soon as they were available, and to wish me luck.

We went in fearing the worst.....and ended up seeing a baby that was measuring right on target with my ovulation date! She/he even waved to us, and had a strong heartbeat of 175 bpm! The tech didn't say much, as her job was just to collect the data so my doc can go over it with me at the next appt, but she said everything looked okay with the baby, and even gave us pictures. I do suspect I have a cyst on my left ovary though, it was massive compared to the right one.

Anyway, after about 24 hrs of worry.....here is a pic of whoever is inside me!

*amber*