Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been cramping on and off since I got the big + on the pee test, and thought nothing of it since it wasn't severe, and just felt like normal period cramps. I figure if my uterus was expanding so much, it was inevitable that I was going to feel it!

It was never a concern because I didn't have any spotting- until last night. I went for a nap, and when I woke up I was spotting some brownish blood. Chris was at work, so I called him and he told me to come straight in to the ER, and he would wait for me there.

Well, I hop on the bus, and when I get to the ER I see that it is completely packed to the point of there being nowhere to sit, and the wait was over 8 hrs. It wouldn't have been a big issue, as I was going to wait in the staff lounge in the ICU where Chris works. The triage nurse said that under normal circumstances she would have put me in a room immed and done an ultrasound to check on things, but there was literally no space. That, and the ultrasounds they have in the ER aren't that strong, and that it may be better to wait until tomorrow and either A) get my doc to get me an appt at an ultrasound clinic, or B) go back to the ER in the morning, and they would refer me to the ultrasound clinic they have at the hospital that is open during business hours. She was super nice, and said that if I was miscarrying there was likely nothing they would be able to to do, and that she would rather me head home and be comfortable, as the bleeding had stopped by then.

So- I trudged back home. Which was probably a good thing, because the combo of anxiety and pregnancy sickness meant that I was vomitting all night....I just kept trying to rationalize that it was a good sign, as it probably meant that the baby was still in there wreaking havoc.

So, called my doc in the morning and he got me an appt at an ultrasound clinic. He was so nice- his receptionist called twice during the day to make sure things were okay and that I knew where the clinic was, and then he called himself in the afternoon to let me know that he was getting paged with the results as soon as they were available, and to wish me luck.

We went in fearing the worst.....and ended up seeing a baby that was measuring right on target with my ovulation date! She/he even waved to us, and had a strong heartbeat of 175 bpm! The tech didn't say much, as her job was just to collect the data so my doc can go over it with me at the next appt, but she said everything looked okay with the baby, and even gave us pictures. I do suspect I have a cyst on my left ovary though, it was massive compared to the right one.

Anyway, after about 24 hrs of worry.....here is a pic of whoever is inside me!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber, I am sooo very glad that everything is looking good! I know that this experience has been scary. I spotted with my last two pregnancies, my doctor never could give me a definate reason why, he said sometimes these things just happen and even they cant explain why. I was watched very closely and had many, MANY unltrasounds. With my pregnancies, by the time I was 12-14 weeks along, I never had anymore spotting.

Oh, and this is an old wives tale, but I have always heard that if a baby has a fast heart rate, it means its a girl, if its slower, it means it a boy. I am not one to believe in old wives tales, per say, BUT .......... my girls heartbeats were much faster than my sons. Anywho ....

I hope you dont have anymore scares like this one!

wow.. this is really odd!

first of all, I am sooo glad you and the baby are okay!! I would have been pretty scared about the whole deal - the first trimester is always so critical. Looks like you've got a little fighter inside you - takes after mommy, haha.

What really shocked me was that the vomiting was the least of your worries, thats awesome! at least you know you can handle it now, eh?

and secondly, I have been wondering about how you were doing - I put a post up wondering how you were feeling and how the baby was doing - maybe somehow I could tell you weren't doing good - I'm totally wierded out now, dude, haha. I could have msged you any day online... but I put it up today... wierrrrrrrrd.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Thats good that everything is alright!

I love ultrasound pics! I just think they're so cute (is that weird?). At any rate, the pic made me smile, and Im glad he/she is doing good.
    -Sarah Maria

I am happy for you.. look at that little baby!! I can see the little flipper things that are going to be arms. awww.. haha

Jenny- thanks The doc said that it may just have been old blood, since I got a pap a few days ago. I hope that is all it was, but if the baby is fine I'm not going to worry. Hahaha- chris and I are hoping for a girl, so even though I am not one to believe in wives tales, I hope this one is true!

Jill- Hahahaha- you definitely had a psychic vibe today! It was almost funny to see the baby onscreen, because with all the worry it has been causing, it was almost like it was just chillin'- kicking it's legs and whistling to itself! I am definitely more okay with vomitting myself than being around others, but it's not like I like doing it. Last night, it was almost welcome, because my morning sickness has been going away and I was taking it as a bad sign. Well, it was back alright.....and now let's just say I will never be able to eat pickles again But honestly, with everything else, it was at the bottom of my list of worries!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hehe - Sarah and Emma- thanks Ultrasound pics are both weird and fascinating at the same time.....you can't help but go "awwwww" even though it looks like something from Alien vs Predator!

*amber*

I have been thinking about you lately. I almost e-mailed you just to check in. I'm glad the ultrasound gave you and Chris good news. I had bleeding and cramping with both Alec and Ella, so I know how scary this must have been for you guys. It's so great that everything turned out fine. Here's wishing you and thatlittle bun in the oven a healthy and ER trip free rest of the pregnancy.

By the way, the pictures are great...both the ultrasound and the picture you posted of you and the belly.Love 'em.

I am so glad that everything is okay. I've been wondering! You're doing great!
    \"This too shall pass\"

What a scare! I'm glad everything's ok!

Hey Amber!
    Glad the baby and you are okay, and sorry that you had to go through that scare!

My guess is that its a boy. Just a wild guess seeing he's already giving you grief & scaring you to death [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Its a man thing hehe

Glad you are all ok & the pic is soooooo cute! Make sure you post the next scan so we can all get broody lol

Wow, that is scary. I'm glad everything is okay with you and the baby. It's amazing to see the little person inside of you isn't it?

Aww, I'm glad everything is OK. Nothing like a good scare geez!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey Amber,

I am so glad that you and the baby are doing well! It is amazing to look at that picture and see a little tiny life there, it must blow your mind everytime you look at it!

I hope the rest of your time goes well, and that you start feeling less nausated soon.

Take Care,
    --Kim

That's great that everything is okay. It must of been very scary for you two. By the way the baby picture is adorable!!! It's so clear!
    ***Elvia***

I'm glad everything is fine. That happened to me when I was pregnant after I had an internal exam and I was petrified so Iknow how you must have been feeling.
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

Thanks guys! Haha- I am ALL FOR staying out of the ER for the rest of this pregnancy. Not that the ER in our local hospital isn't great, but DAMN. I am happy to hear it has happened to other people who have had successful pregnancies- and I am a lot more relaxed now that I know yep, there is a baby in there. Pregnany websites, books, and message boards tend to make you think of all the bad things that can happen- no matter how small the odds!

Sherbear- I do believe you should post some pictures of your bump as well

Sneezy- that's why Chris thinks it's a girl! Hahaha- the panic my brother caused my parents was nowhere near what I caused apparently. Either way, as long as there isn't a third nipple growing out of his or her forehead, we'll be happy with what we get. (And if there is a 3rd nipple- well- we'll just buy tons of cute hats).

It was crazy to see it moving around on screen- makes everything definitely more "real". It's amazing, scary, fascinating, and kinda gross all at the same time! I just can't wait until I can start to feel the movements

*amber*

Amber...I love your baby pics. And, thanks to old wives tales, I can almost predict the sex depending on how you carry. Are you gaining weight everywhere or just in the front? Boys carry only in the front and girls are all over.

I want that so bad ::cry:: I'm so happy for you!!! Thx for posting that pic!

What a frightening thing to go through, but I am so happy everything turned out so well for you all. And the baby pics are amazing!

Congrats again!!

I just started to feel my baby move around because my placenta is in front instead of in the back of the uterus. I can SEE my stomach move when he moves!! I love to watch that, it's amazing!!! You will LOVE IT!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Edited by: kellybean

I am so glad everything is OK Amber. The ultrasound pic is great!!

Well, I have the beginning of a buddha belly, but also have massively expanding thighs and a backside that is giving J-Lo a run for her money. I swear I am having twins- one in front and one in back! My normally sad little while girl booty will soon need it's own congresswoman.....and I am starting to get these spidervein thingies in my back. FAB! In a few weeks I will post another pic...I can't wait to move from the lookin' chubby stage to the lookin' preggy stage! Emetshelp- soon it will be your turn I am sending baby sprinkles via cyberspace!

Kelly, I can't wait to see that! I have seen this happen with other people, and it looks so cool~!

Thanks again to all who have replied- I appreciate it

*amber*

I love these pics...I still have all mine, my favourite is one of my daughter at 13 weeks. I had it done at a private hospital where they used a topnotch scanner. It looks right into her face and she looks like a little alien! She quickly developed into a monster!

Are you going to find out what you're having? I never did with either of mine, I loved the surprise, and I know I'd have loved it even if I'd given birth to a monkey! Saying that, in my experience, girls are so much harder - they learn to bitch and lie and manipulate at a very young age. Loads of laughs though!

Sorry you've had a bit of a rough time of it - it sometimes happens. Just don't overdo things and you'll be fine. A couple of weeks to go and you'll be over the most risky time and then you can start to bloom!

Oh, and I carried exactly the same way with both of mine, all at the front, and had one of each. Put on more weight with my daughter though, even though she ended up being the lighter of the two.