Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So we are getting two puppies, one boy and one girl on March 1st and I
    want to get them started on training soon, so any
    advice...suggestions...especially book suggestions would be great.
    Thanks...

they are siberian huskies, and will be 8 weeks when we get them...Johnny Boy and June Bug...my babies, hehe

Thanks

I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ha I know that my dad just bought Dog Training For Dummies. Our puppies turned out normal

LOL...thanks...I will look into that...I just want to have good dogs...you know?
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just be prepared for the fact that huskies have a loooot of energy, and tend not to grow out of the "puppy" stage until about 16 months - 2 years.

Do you have a big backyard? If so, I would invest in a dog run, or fenced in outdoor area for them to expend some of this energy. Chris' dad has 2 siberians, and him and his brother breed them. They have found it ideal to have them outdoors most of the time- and they are as healthy as can be. When inside, they tend to cause damage not purposefully, but because they often don't know their own size/strength. I would suggest that if you plan on keeping them indoors, that you start kennel training them- it helps to teach boundaries, and give them their own "space" which they can be comfortable in.

Chris' dad will be breeding his dogs soon- and when he does we will be getting one of them if we have a house. We are moving to the north, and this will be an outdoor dog. I can't wait- I love huskies!

Have you looked into obedience schools? They can really help not only with socialization, but with training where there will be some distraction. You are getting them nice and young- the ideal age for puppy school!

*amber*

haha- speak of the devil- off to take my dog out before he makes a mess on our diningroom floor!

I use to work at Petsmart and the puppy training classes there were good. They were fun and it also helps will socializing your puppies with other puppies and people so they are friendlier. You should check it out!
    ***Elvia***

I don't know much about dog training, but i used to work at a boarding facility, and we had to let two huskies that stayed there sometimes out to run often, and give them more time than the other dogs. They need lots of room to run!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Elvia,

I was just going to suggest Petsmart. I just got a job as a PetsHotel Mgr! I start monday.

Oooh congratulations! It was such a fun job, you're going to love it!
    ***Elvia***

i am just about done with my 4 month old weenie dog.

first off....crate training is a good thing. i would not have it any other way.

they are crated doe bed time and naps..and when you are out of the house. it keeps them from being board and chewing things up.

take them potty every 2 hours....when you take them outside say "lets go outside" praise the, when the pee and poop. mine poops about 3 times a day like clockwork. Do not use puppy pads...that is only giving them permission to go in the house.

after the eat or drink take them out within 20 min.

after they wake up from a nap...take them out asap.

take them out at least every 2 hours in between all that.

also be prepared for them to get up a few times a night too for at least the first few weeks. take there food away after 7pm and it will help them not wake up to want to go to the bathroom.

after 3 weeks of training...mine is finally going to the door. yay!

also...please get them fixed by the age of 5 months...otherwise it could get messy!

I am getting my little boy fixed next week.

pm me if you need help and good luck! you will enjoy them!

What kind of help do you need? Potty-training? I have trained many puppies before and would love to help. PM me with the details!