Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all, I havnt been here in a long time, although my phobia is unchanged. Anyway, Ive got a problem, I have been unemployed for quite some time now. I have attended many job interviews and have "got the job" a number of times, but, I cant take it! When it comes to starting the job I panic too much about being ill at work. Even though being ill at home is a nightmare, I feel that being ill in a public place is the worst possible thing that can happen to me! Im afraid that this is going to be on-going and that I will never get back on my feet again.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]. Im guessing there hasnt been any miracle cures since I was here last? lol! Also, at the moment, im feeling very weak, could this be the start of a bug?

And something off-topic, are there any males here who take proscar? I have some questions if there are...Edited by: jptk
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Hey,

I recently started a new job after being unemployed for a long time of being unemployed, its hard I wont lie BUT, doing it and going in can give you the best feeling of a first step forward, even though you may feel like you panic or have quite a bit of anxiety during the day you would need to remember you did the hardest bit you went in and started, also, if it got to much you could just leave again!

And nope no miracle that I know of lol, sorry about that!

Hope things pick up for you!

Violet x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its your anxiety. You should take a job, you'll interact with people and make new friends! Keep your hands and workspace clean and you will be fine! Actually interaction with people helps to boost your immune system. Don't let your anxiety get in the way! You'll be fine!

You're not coming down with a bug!Edited by: sqil30

I am currently not working because my emet has gotten out of
    hand. I worry about going back also. I know exactly how you
    feel. I lost my job because I am also scared of being sick
    there. I called out too much.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    It is all anxiety. I wish I had some good advice for you.
    Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I hope everything
    works out.