Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Things have gotten really bad for me lately because many of my son's friends got an sv. My son has never v*ed (he's 11 months) and I know he will one day which has me so stressed out I'm starting to wonder whether I'm fit to be a parent. My husband thinks I need therapy which I can't disagree with but I'm afraid that I'll have to face the fear to get better. Plus, I don't think I have the time to commit it since I work three days a week and care for my son the other days. My husband thinks this is just an excuse.Not sure what to do.....

by face the fear you mean v* yourself or someone around you v*??? bc that's not how cognitive-behavorial therapy works... cb therapy helps you deal with and get rid of the anxiety that causes the emets, which eventually rids you of your fear without you ever having to "face it", so that when you must, you'll be ok bc the anxiety is gone... my therapist would never, ever make me v* or watch others v*, that's more exposure therapy, and even then they don't make you v*

edit:i just want to add that you are by no means a bad or unfit parent!!Edited by: prncesspnk