Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone used an antiemetic like Emetrol? I'm curious if it really works in preventing v* or making nausea go away.

I've used it with minor success. You have to use it with the onset of n* & in my humble opinion, it's not strong enough during a sv* to prevent v*. But then again, my kids aren't emets so they don't have the will power or desire to not v*.

The last time I took it, I v* anyway (I'm not your normal emet either, I v*) but, it was because I was very sick & HATE the cherry taste.

I've had a lot more success with dramamine or unisom.

susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

I have to agree with Susan. The cherry flavor alone is enough to make you want to gag. They do have a lemon flavored one, but I could never find it. I know a few people who swear by Emetrol. Some even claim it will stop v* during a sv*. But I use Dramamine......it works wonders for me.

<DIV>I suppose I am not a normal emet either. I mean, I have had a fear for many years and when I am n* I tend to pace a lot. Drives my wife nuts. I pace till I get d*. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>My wife would prefer to v* once or twice and be done with it, while I hit the potty for 24hrs. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I figure if it is going to happen it is going to happen, but I pace around like a mad man! </DIV>
    CJ
    \"Live Life, Don\'t Analyze It\"
    (Wish I Could Follow That)

I've tried Emetrol in the past, and I agree that the cherry flavor is horrible! I'd say it's slightly effective. I can't remember the last time I took it, though.