<DIV>Hello All,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I was not aware that the site had been off line, I had actually stopped visiting because at some points I actually thought reading all these issues was making me even worse. With that being said, I am glad that the site is up, especially for those who are finding it useful. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Now, to my issue. My son is six years old and he has had some SV* in his short lifetime, but nothing quite like what he had on Super Bowl Sunday. He got sick twice, once with just me around (who has this phobia - more a fear of catching it than cleaning it) and my 19 month old son. I was a parent on a mission. Helped my sick son, got the 19 month old distracted in the other room and cleaned up the mess. He got sick later, but that was with Mom (TG)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>That entire week, while actually going back to school one day he was home ill. Basically M (W=funeral) T, F. He had a great day on Friday - Grandma nursed him back to health and that night he had his first experience with the runs (which he now refers to as Rocket Poop). After that he seemed to be OK, but he seems to have issues with going to the bathroom now. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>This brings me to this week and that he has since Wednesday night been complaining (at least to my wife) about stomach pains. They were so bad (or we percieved them to be) we took him to the doctor. The doctor did every push test in the book and my son had no reaction what-so-ever. Within a couple of hours he was home and back to normal. Doctor did not doubt that maybe he feels something, but that his tolerance for pain is low. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>He was fine yesterday with (according to my wife) only an occasional mention of anything. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Today is Saturday and it is a lazy day. Snow outside, rain in the air. He ate a normal breakfast and now seems content on saying he does not feel well and that he feels like he has to v* but doesn't have to. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>So, I have him my assurance that he was OK and that he was going to be OK. I spoke to him about feeling nervous (which I have my own anxiety issues in general) without trying to freak him out. He was crying about pain, but then I started playing with the cat and he started laughing and playing along. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Is he sick? Is he nervous? I am starting to think this is all in his head and he is beginning to get this fear. One that I developed in 3rd grade at age 8 and has plagued me much of my life. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If there is a little bug going around that could make my son eat and be fine and then not be fine and then be fine, let me know. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>My wife is just dealing with it as it comes (she has her hands full with my own anxiety issues) but for me it comes down to ensuring I have done all I can for my son and I have to work with him from what I have gone through. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Does this make sense? </DIV>