Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ...

....Edited by: web77org

I'm glad all is well with Laura, probably because she has a really supportive partner.

That's so good to hear Laura has been doing better, and what a fab hubby you are supporting her the way you have (wish all partners were the same!).
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

It's so funny to hear you say this stuff William since I'm pretty sure you have called this forum and the people in it some not very nice things. That we destroy each other and are too critical. Glad the good people here managed to change your mind.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

...Edited by: web77org

I don't feel the need to post a 10 page argument to defend myself. I don't know what you are trying to do here or what you want from these forums exactly but you and I both know that we have butted heads in the past and that you have said more than once that you were going to leave because of the cold hearted attitude of some members here. No I cannot prove it, those posts are now deleted with the forum restore.

Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

...Edited by: web77org

Yeah, so I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but wasn't there 'something' right before the site went down...Somebody posted (I think it was HDogg) and there were issues with your replies. It turned into a bit of an argument-ish. I dunno. Sorry if I'm remembering incorrectly. (Mommy brain.)
    Edited by: sherbear

My apologies for disrupting your forums.
    Lesson learned...

I'm glad you raised this, hippy. If web77org is the same person as "Celeborn" who also sometimes posts under his wife's name, "Galadriel" - then I agree...hehas often presented as an unbalanced person.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PuhLease... [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    a couple years ago I got all over you for two things.

The first was telling a young woman in her 20's who was even close to the point of suicide at one point because of her NUMEROUS emotional issues and phobias that she needed to 'grow up' and 'be the adult' to her bipolar mother in her 50's who had tormented this young woman since childhood and was doing so so badly as a adult that she was driven to nearly having a nervous breakdown...and had contemplated suicide.
    If THAT is the sort of tripe they taught you in psyche school then I suggest you might want to find a different occupation before someone offs themselves when you tell them to 'fix' someone else when they cant even deal with their own problems.

By the way, this young woman did the exact OPPOSITE of what YOU told her to do and right now SHE is pretty much entirely over her emet and NOW has a pretty functional relationship with her mother.
    If she had taken YOUR advice who knows where she would have been seeing that you were pushing her to do the very sort of thing that had made her as emotionally distraught as she was.

This young woman couldnt even deal with HER OWN issues and *IF* you were as knowledgable as you seem to claim then you SHOULD have been able to discern this.
    I find your abilities somewhat questionable seeing that you did not.

Oddly, I dont even remember you even really asking many questions from this young woman to even make any sort of educated guess about her situation. From my recollection you just tossed out advice and expected her to jump right at it without your taking more time to FULLY understand the issue as a whole.
    When I have dealt with phsychologists during a Porphyria(AIP) attack a few years back the first thing this man did was sit down and grill me with a barrage of very personal questions to try to discern the entire scope of the issue to see if I was suicidal myself after coming so close to death (Im sure as a 'professional' you know that sometimes close calls with death and becoming paralyzed from the neck down are traumatic enough to possibly cause a person to become suicidal, right?).

I give this phychiatrist they sent in credit where its due, he DID make sure of the complete picture before giving me advice.

Secondly you used the word 'cure' when discussing a mental/emotional disorder.
    Im not even a professional and even *I* know that that is a RIDICULOUS word to use when dealing with ANY sort of mental or emotional matter, including addictions and phobia's.
    As a SUPPOSED 'professional' YOU should have been the FIRST person here to NEVER use the word 'cure' when talking about any addiction or mental issue.
    Any real professional would have known that these things are ALWAYS able of recurring at any point in the future and so need to be monitored very carefully for warning signs.
    I read a thread here the other day from some dear young woman who thought she was over her emet and then later came back and said it was worse than ever.
    "CURED" shouldnt even be in your vocabulary, in my honest opinoin.

I may be 'unbalanced', in your "professional" opinion, but at least Im not playing off like Im some high and mighty "therapist" who doesnt seem to even have the first clue that a 22 year old woman who is that close to a mental breakdown SHOULD NOT be trying to fix someone else who was the very root of her own problems

Where do you people come from....

Ill be posting this at our emet forums for a record so you cannot say that Ive said things I did not say as your cohort Hippychick as already done here in this thread.

Plus that strutting around displaying your supposed credentials just seems pretty boastful to me.
    Sorry, Ive felt that way for some time and I know Im not the only one who does.

[b]Your problem with

Web77, Celeborn, Galadriel's husband- whoever the heck you are. You aren't doing much in the way of proving that you're not some unbalanced person with an axe to grind. FYI- questioning someone's credibility doesn't go far if you can't even spell the name of their profession properly....it's PSYCHOLOGIST.

You have come off as argumentative and judgemental here previously, and it seems as though little has changed since IES went down. If you are going to start pointing fingers at others, it appears as though you should perhaps take a look at yourself as well, as it seems as though there is a bit of pot to kettle going on.

I'm glad Laura is doing well- I really am. She was always a sweet woman and nice to everyone.But, I feelsad that you feel the need to come here and raise a ruckus/attack people who have done more in regards to helping people deal with their emetophobia than you can ever claim to.

Edited by: crimgoddess

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Web77, Celeborn, Galadriel's husband- whoever the heck you are. You aren't doing much in the way of proving that you're not some unbalanced person with an axe to grind.
    I suggest you actually look at the facts.
    I came here with this thread to offer a bit of encouragement in the OP and hippychick pretty much outright lied about what Ive said in the past and conveniently uses this nonsense that my posts that were supposedly attacking this community were 'lost'.
    She pretty much slandered me and then refuses to offer any evidence to back up what she accuses me of.

And what, YOU expect me to not defend myself when someone is boldfaced lying and presenting slanderous accusations against me ?
    FYI- questioning someone's credibility doesn't go far if you can't even spell the name of their profession properly....it's PSYCHOLOGIST.
    FYI, if you base your idea of "credibility" on whether a person makes typos who was quadriplegic for a year and still has a lot of nerve damage in their hands so that they misspell a lot of words when typing, then I submit that your logic is somewhat flawed.
    I'll try to use the spellchecker a bit more in the future so I'll have a chance of having credibility with you [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Sage made a bad call then and was simply being too arrogant to admit it.
    My spelling has no bearing on that matter at all and I find it somewhat interesting that you seem to believe it does.

You have come off as argumentative and judgemental here previously,
    Now PROVE the accusation.
    And THEN consider the context of my posts and responses.
    DISAGREEING with Sage is hardly being argumentative.
    What you folks want is forced compliance and agreement and anyone who dares question is to be ostracized apparently.
    and it seems as though little has changed since IES went down.
    I suggest you GO read my posts that are still left, lass.
    -Celeborn- is the username.
    Even in a thread where EMETS here were talking poorly about the atmosphere here at IES *I* was one who was defending these forums.

And again, you seem to be under the impression that I should not be permitted to defend myself when someone slanders me.
    Is that how the new and improved IES is going to work now ?
    If so, John would be better off closing it entirely rather than letting the memory of IES be ruined by a couple moderators who cannot keep their personal biases to themselves and who cannot just let a poster give a word of encouragement as I originally had done here without attacking that person.

There was no call for what Hippychick did and there was none for Sages chiming in.

Apparently you think they should be permitted to poke the dog with a stick and the dog should just lie there and take it.

If you are going to start pointing fingers at others, it appears as though you should perhaps take a look at yourself as well, as it seems as though there is a bit of pot to kettle going on.
    I submit the same to you.
    My guess is that YOU didn't even go back to see if hippychick was presenting an accurate accusation against me or not.
    My guess is that you just took her word for it even tho she REFUSES to offer even one single piece of evidence to back her slanderous claim against me.

Did you look to see what the facts were? Honestly ?

I'm glad Laura is doing well- but sad that you feel the need to come here and raise a ruckus/attack people who have done more in regards to helping people deal with their emetophobia than you can ever claim to.

*I* was not the one who raised the ruckus
    *IF* you knew what you were talking about that would be pretty clear.

*I* ha

I think it's very CONVENIENT for you that you can't search through anything earlier than Feb 2007- since I VIVIDLY recall you getting up in arms because some people on this board refuse to coddle others, and encourage them to seek help/improve their lives as opposed to allowing theirphobia to dictate their life. It's not'nonsense' that those posts were lost- it's truth. I may not have the best memory, like Sheri I suffer from 'mom-itis', but I remember this as well. You have comfort in the safety that those threads are lost- which makes it a lot easier for you to talk the talk, as you are doing now (since the latest posts that are visible under that name are from 2005). I find it funny that you are accusing others of being slanderous, when that label seems to be more fittingin regards toyou at the moment.

I have no problem with someone "questioning authority"- but doing so in a level that is more fitting on a junior high student as opposed to an adult male is what I take issue with (this is especially evident after reading some of the archived posts- even the one you make mention of. Funny how you manipulate the facts to present yourself in an unwaveringly positive light.)

Edited by: crimgoddess

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

I think it's very CONVENIENT for you that you can't search through anything earlier than Feb 2007-
    Not sure what your problem is. This isnt MY forum or I assure you I WOULD have kept it up well enough to be able to do a full search. Dont blame me because John didnt keep his forum backed up.
    since I VIVIDLY recall you getting up in arms because some people on this board refuse to coddle others,
    And THERE you go...."SOME".
    Hippychicks first post made it sound ENTIRELY different..as tho I had attacked this whole community and THAT was what got me bent out of shape.

If I was 'up in arms' it was because a few here are the most cruel individuals I think Ive ever run across on the internet.
    I do remember that there were a few of you who were attacking anyone and everyone who even remotely seemed to be abusing things and wanting to be 'coddled', and those few of you who did this were not using any discernment at all as to the individual who MIGHT ACTUALLY NEED to be coddled at that particular moment.

Hippychick made it sound, as you are now, as if I attacke the community here and Im sorry, but that is a boldfaced lie and whomever claims it is flat out a liar.
    I have disagreed with the actions and words of PERSONS here, INDIVIDUALS such as Sage, but Ive NEVER attacked this community or this forum at large.

I like how that was the original accusation and since you folks KNOW you have no proof for THAT slander now you will grasp at any straw you can to keep this attack going against me.

As I said, Im starting to realize why it is that other emets arent in a big rush to come back here. If this is the drama they can expect then I dont blame them.

and encourage them to seek help/improve their lives as opposed to allowing their phobia to dictate their life.
    AND YOU, nor any other member of this forum, including the great Sage, are not qualified to listen to a few words written on an internet forum and make ANY determination about the frame of mind of the persons posting.
    What a couple of you did, as I am remembering it, was to pretty much attack anyone who even remotely sounded as tho they were in need of 'coddling'.
    Sorry poster, but SOMETIMES coddling is EXACTLY what a person needs at a specific time in their own situation.

I was entirely disgusted before by one post by someone here before that basically told other emets to 'GET OVER IT" because THAT poster supposedly had gotten past their own irrational fear of V*.

Its pretty disturbing to see some of the advice given by a poster or two who cant put themselves in someone elses shoes but feel to attack that person because they arent progressing quickly enough for their own tastes.

ARe you one of those posters Im talking about?
    Is that why you too have taken up this torch ?
    Did I piss you off at some point by telling you not to attack some other poor emet who DID NEED CODDLING at some point in THEIR own life regardless of YOUR situation and how YOU felt at that time ?

Im guessing something is fueling your attitude here and Im betting its not just something said by sage or HC or myself in this thread.

It's not 'nonsense' that those posts were lost- it's truth. I may not have the best memory, like Sheri I suffer from 'mom-itis', but I remember this as well. You have comfort in the safety that those threads are lost- which makes it a lot easier for you to talk the talk, as you are doing now (since the latest posts that are visible under that name are from 2005). I find it funny that you are accusing others of being slanderous, when that label seems to be more fitting in regards to you at the moment.
    There is hardly any slander in defending oneself.
    Slander is making FALSE, lying statements about the person.
    As I said, you seem to be of the opinion

And I'll say this one more time, Hippychick was WAY out of line in making her first nasty remark in this thread.

My OP originally had just a few words of encouragement and to turn that into what she clearly was trying to turn it into was simply wrong of her.

Being an adult NOT wanting to cause this forum to be disrupted (huh, imagine a MODERATOR NOT doing something to cause a disruption) she COULD have been an adult and either not posted here at all, or just given some meaningless little comment agreeing with the ENCOURAGEMENT that originally was in the OP.

And neither did Sage need to chime in and add to the issue.
    I came here the other behaving AS an adult and only gave some words of encouragement and this 2 bitter individuals have made it a point to get this all stirred up and now it appears NONE of us will behave like adults now so it will remain this way until one of those two mods uses this fantastic opportunity to ban me (which I somehow have to wonder if thats not been in the back of someones mind since my first post here).

Just for the record, and my own credibility, I am adding this to the end of this discussion. I searched for the "advice" in the archived forums, and this is what I told the young woman in question - when she reported about a very needy mother who constantly called her and demanded "I love you" and prayers and such. I have highlighted the section which clearly shows that I the mother, not the young woman, needed to "grow up".

Galadriel, I think the best thing to do is to take a firm "I-position" with your mother. Decide what you will and will not do, based on your own logic, your own life and your own sanity. Then you need to figure out how to deal with your own emotions and anxiety when she starts with her (inappropriate) emotional reactivity toward you. So she whines and freaks out - so what. She's not you, and you're not her. I know this is hard with parents, but the best thing to do is to see yourself as a separate person, rather than a conjoined (emotional) twin with her. Just cuz she gets upset doesn't mean you have to. The trick is to stay in calm communication with her, even though she's upset. (Cutting off contact with her is the worst thing you can do - especially as a phobic, trust me.)

Family members who try to re-define others rather than define themselves are exceptionally needy individuals. Not very emotionally healthy. Trying to force another's behavior, including what they say, is indicative of not being self-defined at all.

If you can shift your behavior just a bit by this kind of calm communication, as well as showing that you genuinely care about your mom, but you are still not going to put up with this stuff, then eventually she will have to "grow up". Meanwhile, take a position and stick to it calmly - for the sake of your own sanity.

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.