Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Its been a long weekend. My 8 year old son had rehearsals yesterday morning and afternoon and my husband also took him out to breakfast. My husband ran a ton of errands with my son yesterday and we had dinner at friends last night, got home at midnight.

This morning my son went to a birthday party at ESPN Zone where he had chicken nuggets, fries, string beans and carrotts. Straight away we went to my sister's house for my niece's one year old birthday party. My son had chips, more chips, cookies, pasta, bread, nuts, fruit, and a big piece of cake. Afterwards he complained that he ate too much.

We are vegetarians and I monitor how much "junk" my kids eat and they snack on healthy foods. This weekend was very atypical for my son. At around 7:00 p.m. tonight, he complained that his tummy hurt, but he complains about that at least ten times a day. He had to fever so told him that he needed to go to bed early and let him watch tv in my bed. He then read for a little while because he was very restless. He and I dozed off around 9:30 and at 10:25, he awoke v*** in my bed. Its been an hour and fifteen minutes since that happened. My husband is watchin Full House DVDs with him. He has no fever. He is not complaining of anything. I am just waiting for the next v*** episode.

When should I call the pediatrician for phenegran?

Stella

OH my, sounds like he overindulged and he knew it since he told you he ate too much. Don't start to worry yet (although, I understand and would probably worry too). However, after his weekend of eating it could very well be that. As for the phenergan, I think the time to try and get that is when they are not sick so you already have it on hand. Do you have any of your own? If so, maybe you could break a little piece off and give it to him. Either way, sounds like his tummy could use it.

I am sending good thoughts your way that he doesn't have an sv!

Susie_q,

Ironically, what I have is expired three months ago. I just noticed it last week and put it down on my to-do list to get some this week.

Stella

Oh man. Remember I went through this with my dtr on Wed. I hope it is just a one time incident with your son. Stay strong and keep us posted.

Well, if you still have it, you can use it. It doesn't go bad, it just means the quality might not be there (like it won't work like it should). I have taken compazine after it expired almost a year beforehand. I think I had an sv or fp, but I had to take several for it to even begin to work.

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Oh, and worrygirl, I am so glad to hear from you and you got through just fine. You did good!

Thanks! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

It sounds like what he ate, and I was reading your post about you usually giving your kids "healthy snacks", and it looks likeheoverindulged on foods that his body may not be real used to eating alot of. Edited by: stephiewephie05
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

stella-I hope that you and your son got some rest last night and that his v* episode was just a one time thing from eating foods he is not used to eating. Sounds like it could very possibly be from over indulgence. I would go ahead and call for an RX for the Phenergan, just in case. I know it makes me feel better to have it on hand.

My children like Full House too!

Well my son only v** the one time. He finally went to sleep around 1:00 a.m., because he was enjoying the Full House Episodes We have all seven seasons on DVD, which the kids have seen a hundred million times, but still watch them like it is the first time.

He slept until 7:30 a.m. this morning and is acting absolutely fine. I kept him home from school today (Obviously - we emet moms don't sent v* to school), and told him he must stay in bed and watch Full House. My husband put one of our older televisions from the sub-basement into his room so he is thrilled. I have given him some Gatorade and that seems to be fine. He is afraid to drink alot, because he his a borderline emet. He keeps asking me if he drinks will he get sick.

I don't know what to think this is. I guess I have to wait for two things. If any other family member gets this OR if my son gets D***. I am also watching for the regular flu because I know sometimes with kids it can start this way. He is has no fever, his color is good and he is not lethargic. Still, I am playing it safe.

I plan to call fora Phenegran as soon after I take a nap. Slept zero lastnight and still had to get my up, dressed, fed, lunch made and driven to school. I also had to stop at the store. I am exhausted and its only 8:47 a.m.

Stella

Im glad your son is better. I hope that you have a good nap!

<DIV>It was probably all the food. If your son does not normally eat like that, it can certainly be from that or a touch of a sv* with all the people he was with the other day. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Just let him rest. My 6 yr old son had the sv* the first wk of the month and he complained about stomach pain for a week, ending with d*. Now I think he is worried about going # 2 because of this. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>You'll all be fine. I am hoping that I myself with my own fears of flu's etc did not bring some sort of anxiety on my son. We need to be very careful what we say and how we act during these times. I may be learning this the hard way. </DIV>
    CJ
    \"Live Life, Don\'t Analyze It\"
    (Wish I Could Follow That)

I'm glad he seems to be feeling better. I love "Full House" too, I plan on getting The Complete Series Collection on dvd later on, when I've saved up enough money for it.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"