Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Im Pregnant

Hi guys

I have just found out that I am pregnant and was wondering if any of you could give me advice on morning s***ness

I havent exactly recovered from my phobia but for the past 2 years it has definately been on the backburner. I have been really confident and have been able to go weeks at a time without panicking or resorting to my old habits and rituals. Which is why I felt ok to try for a baby.

I am worried that being pregnant is going to bring back all my old worries. i have been feeling s*** in the evenings but I am not sure if it is real if you know what I mean.

Any advice would be of great help

Thanks

x

I just wanted to say Congratulations, and I'm sorry that I'm not able to help you out with any tips since I haven't been pregnant.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

wow, congratulations! How far along are you?

I haven't been pregnant either, so I don't have any advice, but we are all here for you, and will support you on those days when you don't feel so great.

I think you need to eat little bits, often, keep your blood sugar levels up and you should be fine.

Congratulations!

I am 26 weeks pregnant with my first. I had m/s, but never v* from it, thank goodness! But I sure felt sick as hell for about 16 weeks.

Here's what helped me: slowwwwly waking up in the morning, sipping ginger ale and burping several times before attempting to put food in my stomach. I also had to experiment with food, to see what sounded good and what wouldn't upset my stomach. Surprisingly, I ate macaroni and cheese for breakfast almost everyday, and ate a lot of pizza snacks and cheeseburgers from McDonald's. You gotta find what works for you. Don't stress over eating "healthy" until you are feeling better. It eventually passes!

I also had my doctor prescribe Phenergan, which helped a lot. It took the edge off the nausea, so I was able to eat something besides crackers or mac and cheese.

Good luck!

Ha ha, Heather, that's funny!

But, it's true, you have to experiment with what your body will let you eat, even if it's something you would never ordinarily eat! I have 4 kids--and all of my morning sickness experiences were different! I jsut learned DO NOT LET YOUR STOMACH BE EMPTY, I never v'ed with my pregnancies, but I retched from having an empty stomach. Also try those sea sickness bands, I used them with my 3rd and 4th babies, and they really helped!!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!! That is so awesome. With my first I didn't have morning sickness but with my second I had it 24 hours a day for 3 months (not trying to scare you) but I had to always have food in my stomach. I had crackers by my bed and would eat them before I would lift my head off the pillow and I would always have a snack right before bed. I never did v*

Congratulations! I just found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant, too. THis is my second. I didn't have one ounce of sickness or even nausea with my first. I am about 8 weeks now. Still no sickness, but queasy sometimes. Like the others have said, definintely keep food in your stomach. I did that with my first. This time there are times I just do not want to eat, but I make myslef and it usually helps. I have had more panicky feelings since I found out I was pregnant (along with it being sv* season and having a pre-schooler at home) but I just try to stay relaxed. The panic usually only happens at night, I guess that is when everything is quite and I can't silence what is in my head. Anyway... congrats and good luck!

That is so great that you are pregnant! I have never had a baby but my husband and I are going to start trying later this year. I have to admit I am very nervous about morning sickness. It helps a lot to read these posts and know that there are other's out there like me that were able to survive pregnancy. Take care and I wish you the best!

Thank you all for your kind words and advice.mmmmm mac and cheese! I could easily live on them providing baby approves! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I will take all the tips on board and keep you updated with how I am getting on.

And a big congratulations to all you guys who are expecting too!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

xx

Thanks. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

About the mac n cheese....try to get the Easy Mac (the kind you just put in the microwave). That way, you don't have to stand in front of a hot stove and smell the food cooking. I lived off of food you could microwave for a few months. So much easier than trying to actually cook something!

I've had terrible morning sickness with this pregnancy and ended up finding some possible relief with lemonade. (go figure) So, Hdogg is so right when she says experiment with food. And avoid yukky smells for sure. I have to leave everyday around 5 while my upstairs people are cooking.
    \"This too shall pass\"

hey hun, congratulations... with my 1st pregnancy i had very little morning sickness which was usually when i let my stomach go empty, my second pregnancy last year was horrendous for morning sickness, i felt constantly sick 24/7 UNTILL i got some sea bands which helped a little, gaviscon liquid worked wonders too but really hun the best thing is too keep crackers or biscuits next to your bed and dont let your tummy get empty. get up very slowly as standing up quickly can make you feel very n* . but if the worse comes to the worse you can ask your doctor for some anti emetics, some of them are pretty safe during pregnancy...

also vitamin B6 can keep morning sickness at bay too...

good luck hun x
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

lemoade and starchy foods like mashed potatoes..no gravy and plain pasta really helped me with both of my pregnancies.

Now while I personally have never been pregnant, my best friend was (Gracie's now 3) anyway, I was reading an article in a magazine about how watermelon can help calm the morning sickness nausea and help you to get food down.

I told Dena (my friend) this, and since she was tired of staring at her food, or choking down saltine crackers, she was game. Now she swears by it. Also mentioned it to my doctor when she was pregnant, she gave it a whirl and it worked for her too.

Don't ask what magazine, it was a few years ago, but I think it was Self.

Hope it helps.

msn IM: Abbey_Normal