Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What Caused You To Last V*?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • FP

10 8.55%
  • SV

59 50.43%
  • Alcohol

13 11.11%
  • Other Illness

35 29.91%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1
    Quote Originally Posted by gertruth
    I took pepto bismol 5 years ago, and the next thing I knew, I was v*ing.
    Ger, the Pepto Bismol isn't why you vomited. You were already feeling sick when you took it, remember? You must have been. Otherwise why else would you take it? You vomited as a result of being sick from whatever it was, not from the Pepto Bismol.

As I say in my Vomiting FAQ, Pepto Bismol is powerful enough at suppressing the vomiting center that it can actually counteract a small dose of ipecac.

So don't give up on Pepto Bismol because of this one experience. You didn't get it in soon enough to do its job.
    Back then I used to talk myself into thinking I was sick. I don't even know if I actually felt bad or if it was in my mind.

I had been at a friend's house where they were burning leaves and started
    feeling funny and went home. I thought it was the smell of the smoke that
    made me sick, but my Mom said within two days, both of my sisters were
    v*ing, too. I still get uneasy when I smell burning leaves, and that was over
    40 years ago.

Stomach virus in 2007..feels like yesterday.

it was alcohol for me, i had too much whisky to drink in too little time. head was spinning bad..

i was fortunate in this event, because i didn't feel nausea's, maybe i was but too drunk to feel it or notice it.

but in my mind i didn't feel sick, and i wasn't heaving. i just had to lay down because i was spinning big time, i thought felt like the bed was spinning with me. then after about 20 minutes, i felt i was gonna be sick, but again, i didn't feel sick/nausea's, i just hanged my head over the side of the bed, and.. yeh it just occurred. it was not loads of it, but i ended up doing this 4 times. so it wasn't terrifying, and i wasn't panicking, after this (after sobering up, etc) i was relieved i faced my worst fear, and it was the first time i v* since 2002 i think (and its 2008, not a long record, but the record is yet to be broken by a virus, or dodgy food).

unfortunately, a couple months since then, i had some dodgy sauce on a kebab (it was apparently in date of 2008, but my mum told me we had it for at least a year) it didnt taste dodgy when i was eating it, but i had nausea pretty quickly after eating some of this kebab, i think i had a slight food poisoning, i was lucky it was not the kebab, and was lucky i didn't throw up, but this nausea episode has made me worry that i'm not cured of emetophobia as i thought i was. as non phobics say, they feel nausea is worse than throwing up, im beginning to think i might agree with it.

Edited by: kyle1989

It was a sv. In Dec 2006.

The last time for me was a gallbladder attack, about 2 months ago. But my emet is not for myself, but from other people.

It was a stomach virus 2 years ago.

I'm not sure what mine was. I'd had a fever for a couple of days, I woke up one day and v* a couple of times, then had d* a couple hours later, but by lunchtime I was completely fine, and was able to eat anything. wierd.

Something disagreed with my stomach.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bacterial infection that spread from my throat to my stomach.
    Crayon

I changed a baby's poopy diaper. Rushed around after and forgot to wash my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by allypally.
    but I spoke to my boyfriend later who had had gastric flu a few days before me. You can only getit through saliva,
    Well I'm glad you found the cheating little scumbag out!

But you can't actually get sv's through saliva, they are only transmitted through touching your face/mouth with hands that are contaminated by touching a surface that has got infected v* or d* on, so that's why it's vital to wash your hands before ever touching your face or eating. You can also get it if someone with infected hands makes your food so be careful about eating salads/sandwiches etc if the food preparers aren't wearing gloves or if your at all in doubt about their hygiene standards.

p.s just thought you can also get it from kissing someone if they still have v* particles in their mouth (eww....and who of us would ever kiss someone who had just v*?! i would give it a good 3 or 4 days before even thinking about it [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] )Edited by: paulinek

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3rd grade, 12 times. BUT just this year i burped and almost sneezed at the same time and almost v*. and also just yesterday i had a bug but i didnt v*

The last time I v* was when I was 17 and had a kidney stone. Fuuuun times. At least I got drugged up. I was feeling pretty awesome after that.

I have a goal to never throw up again. Here's to hoping that I achieve it...=D

Ger, the Pepto Bismol isn't why you vomited. You were already feeling sick when you took it, remember? You must have been. Otherwise why else would you take it? You vomited as a result of being sick from whatever it was, not from the Pepto Bismol.

As I say in my Vomiting FAQ, Pepto Bismol is powerful enough at suppressing the vomiting center that it can actually counteract a small dose of ipecac.

So don't give up on Pepto Bismol because of this one experience. You didn't get it in soon enough to do its job.
    ISN't Pepto bismol a locally acting substance? It acts locally in the stomach coating it, Ipecac is an irritant thats how it can counteract the dose.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jwavrek

ISN't Pepto bismol a locally acting substance? It acts locally in the stomach coating it, Ipecac is an irritant thats how it can counteract the dose.
    No. Both Pepto Bismol and ipecac act systemically. The "coating action" of Pepto Bismol is not how it works. Very few people have such sensitive stomachs that they can puke just from the ipecac against their stomach lining. Nearly everyone has to wait until it is absorbed and acts on the brain, and then LOOK OUT! The Pepto Bismol counteracts ipecac by suppressing the vomiting center directly. Of course, most people don't need the vomiting center suppressed hard enough to counteract ipecac, only to prevent (what most people refer to as) ordinary vomiting.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

The last time I v* was back in August of last year. I ate bad raspberries, but it didn't freak me out. It just felt natural and appropriate. However, the noro I had 2 years ago, now that made my emet act up crazy (to this day). Now, I can deal with fp, but not sv! I was so, so sick with that sv. It was like living in a nightmare. *shudders*

The last time I v* was in the 1980's. I was in 5th grade at the time and came down with the flu. It was only one time, but it was horrifying enough to turn me into an emetaphobe.

An awful cheeseburger when I was pregnant with my daughter.
    Life is so worth living.