Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What Caused You To Last V*?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • FP

10 8.55%
  • SV

59 50.43%
  • Alcohol

13 11.11%
  • Other Illness

35 29.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I would just be intrested to know... if anyone puts other illness please say what it was xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm pretty sure it was FP.

It was having to take 4 Dulcolax tablets the night before a barium xray
    EVIL EVIL drug.

JAMIE DAWN

omg.. whats that? it sounds nasty!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dulcolax is a laxative (I had to have a cleared out system for the xray test.)
    Package says "gentle yet effective"
    YEAH RIGHT! Effective sure! Gentle, not so much.
    Pkg said not to exceed 2 tabs in 24 hrs, but doc's instructions said to take 4.
    NEVER NEVER take 4!
    I will spare you the gruesome details!

JAMIE DAWN

I had a stomach bug...but I survived![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

christmas 1998 i had a real bad abcess under my tongue, my doctor gave me amoxycillin and told me how to take it, so when i went to get my amoxycillin from the chemist i noticed the instructions said different to what my doctor had said so i chose to follow the instructions with my tablets, well i felt n* after the second tablet, had d* after the 3rd then v* after the 4th, it was wierd cause i had eaten too but it was only the tablet that came back up, so i called my doctor who said i should have followed his instructions and not the leaflet,, since that day i have never touched tablets, even thru the recovery of my c-sections i would not take pain relief.. mad i know lol
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

I thought it was fp* because of the high amount of times that I v* and the terrible stomach cramping. It also only lasted about 7 hours, and then I was fine. But my doctor said it was a sv*. I had it in January 2003....yuck!

I don't really know. I only v* one time and that is when I was 8. I guess it was probably an sv, but I had no other symptoms.

I took pepto bismol 5 years ago, and the next thing I knew, I was v*ing.

I voted 'other illness' but it actually wasn't an illness.

It's not a very graphic story, but it is part of the reason why I emetophobia has been affecting me a lot more these past several months.

I was going golfing with my mom, who reminded me to take a multivitamin before we left (for those of you who worry about brands, it was a one a day womens). I popped one in, grabbed an energy bar and off we went. I finished the bar in no time, and halfway to the golf course I got that "something does not feel right in my stomach" but tried shrugging it off. We got to the course, and I felt dizzy and kinda hot, but figured it was nerves (first time golfing). While we waited for the course to open up, I kept getting this nagging feeling that something was not right, and finally I excused myself and walked short ways a way. I kept thinking "I'm not going to, I'm not going to, I'm not going to", looked up at this bird that had flown right by me, and next thing I know I'm bent over, trying not to cry (something I always do after getting sick). A few seconds later I felt instantly better, way better than when I had woken up. It was like I was high or something.

It still freaked me out though, and I had panic attacks all day. Later on, I found out that one-a-days are multivitamins that need to be taken AFTER meals. The iron in them is too much for an empty stomach, so when you have that and then eat, guranteed your stomach is going to teach you a lesson. I never had a multivitamin that required you to eat before you took it, so I definitely learned something

I've actually considered redoing the experience, just to see if it will reverse my emetophobia and because unlike milk or emetics, I don't have to wait hours upon hours.

This was way way long, sorry about that.

The last time I was s* was actually due to overeating at a wedding haha... Quite disgusting I know! My stomach must've been sensitive that night because I didn't have a huge amount, just more than usual!

And ren I've had that experience with tablets, namely antibiotics and the contraceptive pill, which can make you feel n* if you take them on an empty stomach! So watch out for those too! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

Quote Originally Posted by gertruth
    Ger, the Pepto Bismol isn't why you vomited. You were already feeling sick when you took it, remember? You must have been. Otherwise why else would you take it? You vomited as a result of being sick from whatever it was, not from the Pepto Bismol.

As I say in my Vomiting FAQ, Pepto Bismol is powerful enough at suppressing the vomiting center that it can actually counteract a small dose of ipecac.

So don't give up on Pepto Bismol because of this one experience. You didn't get it in soon enough to do its job.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1
    Ger, the Pepto Bismol isn't why you vomited. You were already feeling sick when you took it, remember? You must have been. Otherwise why else would you take it? You vomited as a result of being sick from whatever it was, not from the Pepto Bismol.

As I say in my Vomiting FAQ, Pepto Bismol is powerful enough at suppressing the vomiting center that it can actually counteract a small dose of ipecac.

So don't give up on Pepto Bismol because of this one experience. You didn't get it in soon enough to do its job.
    I tried it a few times when I was having morning sickness and it didn't help at all. In fact I'll never take it again due to the fact that it tasted so horrible....when, you know.

I'm sure it works fine for lots of people...but I think meds work different for everyone. For example when I was pregnant taking tylenol made me very ill. Now to this day when I take it, it makes my tummy hurt. Don't know why because I could always take it before. It's supposed to be the easiest on the tummy...and it bothers me, yet I can take Motrin and aspirin just fine.Edited by: laylamommy

Stomach Virus in October of 2004....*shudders*
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Every time I take Pepto Bismol, my mother always tells me to quickly follow it with a full glass of water, or else it'll make me v*. Even my boyfriend's mother told me the exact same thing once when I took it at his house. I've never actually v* from taking it, but I suppose that it's because I've always been too afraid to risk not following it up with a glass of water!

Other illness - a f***ing BOAT!! I hate em [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

The last time i v* was right after my surgery, but nothing came up, just dry heaved 1 time but I counted it as v*. Im a woosie!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1

That's pretty interesting to know. I take pepto bismol a lot, mostly as a placebo effect (if I feel sick because I'm nervous, taking pepto makes me less nervous, therefore I feel not as sick), but it is good to know that it is actually that strong, in case someday I'm ACTUALLY sick and not just psychosomatic.

Oh, and in response to the actual topic, the last time I v*ed it was because I drank three gin and tonics and then ate fried chicken strips. I can't drink gin anymore, nor can I eat chicken strips from that restaurant. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Edited by: thegoldsky

I think it was an sv, because my sister was sick too, but I remember we ate out at a White Spot the night or two before. That was in 1998 I think.

Before that, I remember once coughing so hard I v'd. I hardly even knew it was happening, it was so fast and non-disgusting! I had eaten a bunch of jelly candies and then laughed so hard I started coughing uncontrollably (I had a bad cold) and it just all came up. It was really gentle and I wasn't scared - but I was so surprised I was a bit out of it and kept saying, "I didn't mean to," LOL! Maybe we should all try that before we try anything else if we're ever going to induce v'ing!!

Last year in may... i went out drinking at a friends house. Not only did I drink a lot, I mixed my drinks heavily and had had NOTHING TO EAT all day prior to the party.

I was sick literally 45 mins after I had my last drink that night. I have to admit, and I know that I was fairly out of it, it wasn't as bad as I entirely thought. I was VERY sick but I didn't mind it... well, let me put it this way...

I FELT SO MUCH BETTER ONCE IT WAS OUT OF MY SYSTEM!

ISAIAH 41:10

A stomach bug in January 2007. Four times. Trip to hospital. My emet got worse afterwards.

~Madeleine
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

July 2006 - Overeating, but I had already felt sick beforehand, so I don't really know. I was visiting family in Germany and they loooove food over there, so politeness caused me to accept ALL the food they offered. I still remember EVERYTHING I ate that day in order:

Coffee and a cheese bread roll, spaghetti bolognese with orange juice [shudders], mango ice cream, strawberry cake with cream and jelly and soda water, a Drumstick ice cream, vegetarian pizza and Coke, vanilla ice cream, a pear, (by this time I felt really sick but mistook it for hunger, DUHH) yoghurt, Horlicks....oh, God. Then I stayed up shaking and sweating and pacing for eight hours and swallowing...only one mouthful actually came out at six a.m. the next morning.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]You can probably guess where the rest went.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

This was in 2000. I always thought it was a sv, but then I remembered how I ate a turkey burger that had been heated up and put in my lunch box, and thought maybe it might've been fp. But then I remembered that my younger sister also v* a few days later, so I put sv after all.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

it wasn't really an illness, but it was Taco Bell's cinnamon twists and too much fried food. nowadays i refuse to go to Taco Bell and i refuse to eat a lot of fried food

I wasn't sure if it was FP or SV. I had eaten KFC that night but then other family members were sick at the same time and in the days following so I guess it must have been SV. This was 2006 and I haven't been able to eat KFC since.

I ate something I was allergic to without realizing.

________
    Bong pictures
    Last edited by emetmama; 03-11-2011 at 12:59 PM.

I had gastric flu and it was one of the most awful things I have ever had, and Ive had a LOT of illnesses!! The pain i was in was excriciating, I was in tears for hours cos I felt like I was being stabbed all over my body, but especially in my sides/ribs and my stomach. It was agonizing. I had a huge temperature and had had d* already. I knew I was gonna v*, the waiting though was awful. Once it had happened, I felt a million times better actually and felt stupid for getting so stressed. I had no idea what was wrong with me, but I spoke to my boyfriend later who had had gastric flu a few days before me. You can only getit through saliva, so that was the first clue I had to him cheating. Turns out he had been cheating on me with about 8other women, so I got s* cos he cheated!! I was FURIOUS!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

The last time I V'd was about 2 months ago. I became emetophobic when I got s*** on a family vacation about ten years ago, fp i think, then being stuck in a van with five other people for 13 hours. My emet has been getting better and better (thanks to paxil) but a couple months ago I got my first ever migraine with really weird side effects, i just felt weird. I took all of my normal antiemetic drugs, phenergan, dramamine, ginger, and klonopin to calm me down. I usually don't take them all at once but I was freaking out. I wasn't really even N I just felt weird, I went to the ER and though I tried to refuse, they gave me some sort of shot. When my mom drove me home several hours later, I felt N in the car, but still felt weird, it didn't cross my mind to take more antiemetics. I got very N as soon as I got out of the car. I just stopped dead and tried to pinch myself but all of a sudden I was V. I remember thinking "this isn't that bad" I didn't gag at all, and once I had stopped, I felt fine. I don't know if it was the shot, or the motion sickness. But I was amazed that it didn't freak me out, and I was fine the next day, being N is definately worse than actually V if its easy.

ROBITUSSIN DM ---- HATE IT>
    I Love Horses .... and they can\'t v****!