Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How Long Has It Been Since You Vomited?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 5 Years

35 39.77%
  • 5 - 10 Years

15 17.05%
  • 10 - 15 Years

12 13.64%
  • 15 - 20 Years

7 7.95%
  • 20+ Years

17 19.32%
  • Don't Want To Say

2 2.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long?

I know some people dont like to say why so its ok if you dont want to talk about it, but if you dont mind talking about it then please post about the last time you V

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i was 6 and i remember being terrified, even then. i tried so hard not to,
    but my mom was able to soothe me and bring me to the bathroom and i
    let it happen. (i do remember thinking as it happened, "wow this really
    isn't bad at all, the n* is so much worse"... yet i still won't let it happen
    now). it had to have been an sv*.Edited by: prncesspnk

It's been about 2 1/2 years.

Been a little over 5 years for me. The longest I have ever gone was 7 years....

33 years for me!

5 years ago.

21 years for me. My 18th birthday....I never EVER drank again![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</span></font></span>
    ~♥Little1♥~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Over 5 years, and before that it was 15 years. Still terrified every day. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

BandNerd
    BandNerd

I will be 45 next month and my last experience was in 1980, when I was in my first year at college and drank too much. I survived 4 pregnancies without "giving in." My main issue now is being around my kids when they are ill.

~Joanne
    Joanne

33 years! I was 19 when it happened and am 52 now for perspective. Even now though my emet does not affect my life in any way (except when others are ill or I feel vaguely queasy), I will avoid doing it like the plague.
    Be true to yourself and the rest will follow.

Almost 24 years!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I honestly don't know when it was. It was when my cat was a kitten so maybe 12 years? But I honestly don't know. I could never be one of those emets who remembers the day/hour/what I was wearing haha my memory is too rubbish for that.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

It was almost 2 years ago. It was my best friend's birthday and I forgot her because I had come home not feeling good from a function. I spent the afternoon in bed, but then later that night I remembered her and felt even worse!

I"m 46 now, was 14 when I v*. So, 32 years. Knock on wood. My son v* yesterday morning, so I'm in crisis right now.

1993 was my last time,i had severe anxiety/depression and that is when i admitted myself into a mental health hospital.

I can't even remember and I'm 37. Generally if I nauseous, I go to sleep immediately. It's very weird. At least that's what my friends and family say.I'm sure it's just a stress/anxiety response.

i was 14
    and i ofcourse remember it like it was yesterday.
    it was 3 days after christmas and i remember just waking up..and going right for the bathroom, i didnt pause or anything, didnt say anything , stop to get my mom or anything...it was like my body was making me go. after i couldnt believe what had just happend i was in shock i went crying to my mom, waking her up.
    that day i was sick 3 more times...i remember by the end of the day it felt like i had just done a crap load of sit ups, i was to scared to sleep or anything, i wouldnt eat for about 2 days after...i even remember gagging and only acid came up because my tummy was so empty.
    i would and will do anything to not get sick every again...but i know i will, know matter how hard i try.

Same with me.........I was 14 and it was a couple of days after Christmas. I heard my brother getting sick in the night and then I woke up and got sick. Now I am 51 and went through 2 pregnecies and have had the sv several times but haven't done the deed. It throws me into a panic.
    It was soooo much worse when my kids were little and got sick I freaked and my husband had to deal with them.

10 years this christmas for me, i had been taking antibiotics wrong and made me sick,
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

Two years ago... :/ Too soon for my taste. ^^;

Its been 19 alomost 20 years for me. I have had sv many times but have never v*, came pretty darn close though. My kids still get sv every now and then and i freak out for about 2 or 3 weeks after. I also wipe my entire house down with bleach so noone else gets it but someone usually does. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Georgi

August 17, 1965, the day before my 12th birthday. Almost 44 years ago.

Only 2 months ago for me!!!

And now because of that I have stopped eating and will probably have to go to hospital.

Nearly two years ago. Never eating at peoples' houses just out of politeness ever again. Especially Italian foods and ice cream.

Just about a year...it wasn't that bad, and I thought I was cured, but after I started feeling better the phobia came right back...it didn't help b/c I never felt s* or n* at all! I got up to pee and then I was getting s* for like 7 hours! It was so weird! So in all actuality it made my phobia worse b/c I never felt s* and now I keep thinking that every little noise in my stomach is bad....
    \"In the end it will be ok; if it\'s not ok, then it\'s not the end\"

It's been almost 14 years. I was 15 and now I'm almost 29. It happened because of general anesthesia (which I will never have again unless I'm dying or something).

Only about 8 months ago, and just once. I thought I had it beat but it got me in the end. Before that it was almost 11 years. It has shaken me up, but I'm trying to do better.

ehh i v* last year
    dont exactly remeber the day but i know it was in
    april :'(
    but only once!
    whoo hoo! ^o^

12 years, I was 6ish last time it happened

The last time was about 8-9 years ago. I had eaten a frozen pizza that made me really s*. I woke up in the middle of the night, totally freaking out. I had to go get my mom because I wasn't even sure what to do.
    I don't really remember too much of the actual v*ing or anything...I guess maybe I blocked it out. It was scary due to the fact that I was asleep. Otherwise I may not have ended up with this phobia at all.