Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't know if its the best idea that you can go back and edit your post at any time. If you say something, even if you regret it, I think you should have to take responsibility for putting it out there.

A lot of people go back and delete posts, or can edit them so they can claim they never said that.

I think that mods should have power to edit the posts whenever, but there should be some kind of setting brought in to make a half hour time limit for editing.

Just an idea, might make people think more about what they want to post too.

Eh, I don't really like that idea. :/ I personally like the freedom to edit my posts whenever I want, even if it's a year later, since I tend to do that. All I know is that if I didn't have the freedom to edit my posts, I wouldn't post at all. DX

I'm a mod at another forum and from what I know, mods can already edit memberposts, unless that's not an option here?

And, if you're talking about if someone were in an argument with someone else, they could just quote them and regardless of editing, the quote still retains what the original said. Eh, but that's just my two cents. =X
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Most forums do have a time limit these days - I agree. You shouldn't post what you can't stand by. As a moderator, I'm kind of in favour of deleting entire threads that turn into nasty dramas. But hippychick only believes in locking them so they eventually disappear from view...so I go along with that. But deleting your posts later is just cowardly - I hate it!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oops, I deleted a post of mine on the other site just yesterday. It wasn't about anybody here, it was me basically having a fit over stuff happening in my family. After re-reading it I felt stupid and realized I was just stressed, so I deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by wing

Eh, I don't really like that idea. :/ I personally like the freedom to edit my posts whenever I want, even if it's a year later, since I tend to do that. All I know is that if I didn't have the freedom to edit my posts, I wouldn't post at all. DX

I'm a mod at another forum and from what I know, mods can already edit member*posts, unless that's not an option here?

And, if you're talking about if someone were in an argument with someone else, they could just quote them and regardless of editing, the quote still retains what the original said. Eh, but that's just my two cents. =X
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by wing

I'm a mod at another forum and from what I know, mods can already edit member posts, unless that's not an option here?

I agree with this. I often edit my posts because I'll go back later and reread them and think of things that I should have added, or could have made clearer but would feel silly making a new post about.

As far as the time limit thing...I wouldn't like that because I like having control over what I put out there. What if I write something that I feel silly about later...I've never been to a forum with anything like that.

Deleting posts in an argument...or saying something offensive or mean and then deleting it when someone calls you out is definitely cowardly. If your quote them though...their words will still be there for everyone to see...