Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Germ Control 24. I bought it in Home Depot after watching this interview on Fox News with Geraldo Rivera. The CEO mentions that it kills norovirus and doctors recomended the product. It's safe, non-toxic, and environmental friendly.

http://www.odoban.com/ads/Germcontrol24stream2.wmv

The products website is:

http://www.odoban.com/Jan_Germ_Control_24_Disinfectant_Fungi cide_Virucide.htmlEdited by: centipede

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks for that info....i'll look into it...only thing though, i can't find where it says it kills norovirus on the website, i see every other common virus, i'd figure they would list that on there...the guy does say it on the geraldo interview, but why isn't it listed on the website?...oh well...maybe another "too good to be true" product....lol!
    ~Sheri~

I read through the website and it looks very good. However, I'm not sure about the science, so I'll be sure to ask Alvin when he comes home from school/work today. He can check out the chemical make-up. The website says it does kill rotovirus within 10 minutes, and that's a non-enveloped virus like noroviruses, so that's good. It could be a very cool (better) alternative to bleach. Not toxic to the environment - that's good.

It looks like it contains citric acid and silver compound. Very interesting!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Sheri-baby.

Watch the interview on the first link I provided. The CEO said it kills norovirus.

Friend me on Facebook

I watched it. Very interesting I am going to Home Depot tomorrow

Ohh.. I am running to Home Depot tomorrow!

Alvin's looking into this. The only two ingredients besides water are citric acid and silver nitrate. The citric acid won't kill anything itself, says Alvin...so it must be the silver nitrate and perhaps the citric acid just changes the PH enough that it works. But he has to do a little more digging before commenting on it.

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanks again Sage. Here is some more information I found about the product. It's the web site of the corporation that developed the silver dihydrogen citrate

http://www.purebio.com/technologies/...ydrogen_citrat e

It explains how this molecular technology works and might assist Alvin in his research.

Friend me on Facebook

Any answers on this? I use this stuff because it's ok for fabrics and it smells great (I'm bothered by most scents) and I can get it in bulk at sams club.

gosh darn it, we don't have a home depot here. >.< hahaha.
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."

Alvin says:
    This seems to be a hard surface disinfectant only (which is used for cleaning surfaces like door knobs, counters, etc.) It kills rhinovirus in 10 minutes, so you'd have to spray it and leave it on. There isn't any data about norovirus, or calicivirus which is what they normally test to decide whether it's effective against norovirus. This doesn't mean it won't work, but I don't see any tests.

Hey Sage, Could you ask Alvin which sanitizers (for hands, etc.) DO kill norovirus? THere is a huge discussion on the other site about it because of the crazy outbreak of norovirus at Disney...Does benzalkonium do it? Also what concentration of alcohol will, if any? Thanks...

Can you also ask Alvin what the difference is between Benzalkonium and Benzethonium?

thanks

Friend me on Facebook

What is Alvin? lol ive seen you mention it before but I forgot.

Alvin's my son-in-law who's a microbiologist (Master's degree) and did a research project on virology. He studied noroviruses specifically so he could help out here.

Andee...on my website there's an article called "Norovirus facts - don't be afraid". Check that out. I imagine that he will always tell you that plain soap and water handwashing is always the best. Between washings, don't put your hands in your mouth (or nose). He doesn't recommend any kind of hand sanitizers. At home, clean with a bleach mixture to kill everything.

I'll ask about those two chemicals, but he's not a chemist! He might be able to look them up though.

Please let us know as there have been claims the chemicals kill noro.

ALVIN says:

Benzethonium claims to kill norovirus on surfaces. It is the active ingredient in hand sanitizers approved by the FDA.
    Benzalkonium is not approved by the FDA, as far as I can see from my quick research. I found some articles where the FDA was disciplining some hand sanitizer people for putting benzethonium on their brochure, but the active ingredient was actually benzalkonium.
    If in doubt, go for the benzethonium.
    But STILL - as I always say - WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER. Don't put your fingers in your mouth except after washing your hands. Then you can't catch anything.

Cheers everybody!

Is dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride benzalkonium or benzelthonium?

do microbiologists study bacteria as well?

would Alvin happen to know if colloidal silver really does kill bacteria like salmonella or e coli?