Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Two Days Ago

Two days ago I was eating at a Wendy's and all of a sudden I get this horrible flash of nausea. I mean I really thought I was going to spew. So I immediately got up and threw my food away and walked outside to get some fresh air. The nausea only lasted for a few moments but I totally freaked out.

My emet has pretty much been in check for like a year and a half but now I'm having a major relapse. I am afraid to eat the foods I once loved, I'm so afraid now and I don't know what brought this on. I'm not under stress, I haven't had any triggers lately. I've been eating bland foods, rice, crackers, ginger ale...my stomach hurts all the time now!

I really don't get it because I haven't needed to come here for so long that I forgot my password and had to create a new screen name! What the fuzz is going on with me?

~Monica

Hi Monica,

That sounds like me, I had been fine for over a year then a month or so ago, had a simialr experience and it freaked me out. Since then I have been obssessing and worrying and makimg myself feel ill!

I also forgot my password but remebered my logon!!!!

Mybe its strange time of year?!?!?!?!?

Laney

No offence, or anything...but fast food isn't the greatest for stomachs...I tend to get nausea and d* most of the times that I eat at fast food restaraunts...not that I eat at those places much anymore!

Maybe you should go to a doctor, if your stomach hurts all the time...*hug*

Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Sigh* I just had the same kind of thing happen. I'd been almost completely okay for almost two years, even seen a couple people v* at concerts and only been a little shaky, and then suddenly St. Patty's day weekend. In a college town.

I don't even know what my screenname used to be, only that I had one. I just needed to get back on the boards and lurk for a little bit so that I didn't feel like it was seeking me out to make me paranoid and to know that it was going to pass again.

Monica,

That happens to me all of the time. I will gothrough good periods and bad periods of emetophobia. Unfortunately, my good periods are never back to my pre-emet days, but I'm able to eat a healthy diet without too much worry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook

Hi. I was the same way. Whenever you have an "experience" or come close, it causes sort of flashbacks and more anxiety, then you question why you are feeling lousy. Try to really focus on relaxation and stress reduction and when those thoughts come through, just stop them as quickly as possible....take care

I tend to get better and worse as well. But my worse times aren't as bad as they used to be.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

One way that I've been coping lately is to think 'How did I feel five minutes ago?' and go back to that.I realize that the n* is just anxiety, and I actually feel fine :]

Im like that, i cant eat out or i cant even watch horror films as i get a bad tummy and start feeling sick and even get Diarrhea. and im so scared to go anywhere incase i feel ill and cant get home to be with my family [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i never eat out (no restaurants no fast food) I eat anything that's healthy
    though. So the only restaurant I'll purchase from is Subway because I can see
    what they make and it is relatively fresh.

I don't wanna eat out it honestly came to be a lifestyle.. so if i leave early
    from a night out... that means I am hungry.

I am also pregnant.