Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

my daughter has gotten sick in the bathroom where my makeup bag is, it wasn't zipped, but the lid was down on the bag. Is the makeup safe to use? Also, yesterday I applied lipgloss to my daughter who became sick about 13 hours later, can I still use this lipgloss? Thanks again for everyones help!

I really sure your makeup is safe to use. Also, people always say that you are not contagious unless you have particles of stuff frombeing sick, which she would not have had 13 hours prior. However, with the way my mind thinks illogically when stuff like that happens, I probably wouldn't use it.

I know....I just bought it too. Its a MAC 17.00 lipgloss. I never treat myself to things like that, I loved the color and now I feel like I should throw it away. I don't know, maybe I will let one of my friends try it. I would tell them first of course. They would probably say no problem. OR I can just wait for liike 2 weeks. I mean I am sure this virus can't live for that long outside the body. I don't know. Its so awful to fear this way. I feel like if I let me guard down, THATS when I will catch it! UGH!

I would use it, I think that a person is not contagious until they start showing symptoms is what I remember reading. And 13 hours is plenty of time before. Can you putthe wand in the microwave, does it have metal on it? Maybe that would ease your mind a little. And I would say your makeup is totally fine. I get what you're saying though, I think this way also! janna
    JANNA

Hmmmm good questions! I would definetly not worry about the makeup bag, but if I were you, I would wait a week for the lipgloss and wipe it down, including the part that touches your mouth with a quick one over of a lysol type solution... If you can kind of 'take a layer' of the lip gloss off ( I am not sure if it is the twist kind )maybe this will be fine too. I am sure that it will be fine, I wouldn't throw it away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would still use the makeup but maybe wipe down the bag. The lipgloss - I agree, I'd probably wait, but probably it is okay to use right away anyway. If it helps, I was kissing my husband once less than an hour before he started v and I never caught it.

Don't throw it away though - it sounds like it was a real treat to get it, and you don't want to waste it.