Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: still sick!!!!!

Okay, well, I thought my daughter was on the mend, but NOPE! My husband stayed home from work yesterday to take care of her, we need money, so he went in today. As soon as he left and drove away, my daughter started crying "Im sick!". I of course freaked out, started shaking and totally left her alone to throw up on the tile. I tried to call my husband but he hadn't turned his phone on yet. It was awful! So of course, I then put her in the bathtub, braided her hair back and cleaned up the mess. Oh well, I guess I can't get away with not dealing with this a little. I think thats one of the worst parts of this phobia, is not being ABLE to comfort and be there for my kids. Tossing a bowl, plugging my ears and running is not being a comforting mom. I HATE that. I feel so bad, yet I CAN"T be different. Its just always my instinct to run away. I HATE THIS! I hope she gets better soon. I feel so bad for her. I just hope my other daughter doesn't get it. Funny, I have been worrying about sending her to school, now I want to get her out of this sick house by sending her to school. OH WHEN WILL IT END?????

Oh I'm sorry that happened. But you then gave hera bath and braided her hair, you know? You may not be there for the "act", but it sounds like you're there for afterwards, so good on ya. I know what you mean-I have given a bowl and kleenex and ran downstairs, turned around and come back up because it seems like if I can maybe miss the first part of it, I can deal with the second half of it. I hope your daughter is feeling better. Let us know how things are going! Janna
    JANNA

It is hard when we feel like we're not being "good moms", but you DID clean it up and help her get cleaned up which is a huge accomplishment!!

Agreed that you have been GREAT with your daughter under the circumstances but I completely understand how you feel. I too run and hide and usually call for BACK UP assistance since my husband does not and doesn't even try to understand me.

I know I'm a little "crazy" at times (please don't take my use of the word crazy as anything but my perception of how OTHER people view my phobia) but that's who I am. TRUST me I would change if I could (wouldn't we all?). Anyway getting off the subject.

Last week my daughter posted on her myspace that she was n* -- I was at work and still panicked. I wrote her and told her to "please don't tell me just take care of it because I can't handle it.". She understands and of course is becoming "just like me" (as unfortunate as that is!). She wrote me back that she was ok and promised that she would be sick -- I felt like a completely horrible/terrible/unsympathic mother but of course she was right -- never was sick (knock on wood).

Sorry for the long text but I just want you to know that we all handle things the way we handle thing and there is no shame in that. You definately did more than I ever could have done -- I HAVE NEVER IN 13 YEARS BEEN THERE FOR MY DAUGHTER DURING V* AND I DON'T PLAN TO START NOW.

I am and think I will always be in avoidance mode -- sad but true!