Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, so my daughter is better. Of course now I wait to see if anyone else gets it. But....in the meantime, I have washed towels and blankets and even my comforter she got sick on. Yet, I feel like the washer might not have gotten all the virus off. I have washed SOME things a couple times, some only once. Do you guys think I am safe? Can I cover up with my comforter? If it weren't for my husband, I would have thrown it all away, but he says "now THAT we are not going to do". Advise?
    Also, one question I am surprised I can't find an answer to and doesn't seem anyone asks is let say, you forget to clean a doorhandle for instance. At some point the bugs have to die right? How long before the virus dies without being "cleaned". I try to get everything, but for the couple BUGS I missed, they will die at some point on their own right? When? Thanks everyone! I trust you all more then anyone, because you know what I am going through!

Your comforter is safe to use. Did you wash everything on hot? If it will make you feel better, run a quick wash cycle with bleach to clean your washing machine. The virus does eventually die off but I am unsure of the time frame.

You should be all right having had washed everything, and yes you can cover up with your comforter. For any surface you're nervous about, Lysol it. As for the throwing things away, that might seem like a good idea but you'd have to do it every time someone got sick...so just think of it this way...washing everything saves money and makes things clean again.

You're fine.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Glad your daughter is feeling better too.
    Somewhere out there things make sense..someone knows where it is and guards the secret...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the dryer's heat is another germ killing source, so washing and drying should make things better. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Somewhere out there things make sense..someone knows where it is and guards the secret...

Thanks so much everyone for your good advise. I will follow it and be grateful to have had you be there for me! Thanks again! I appreciate it so much!

Don't know about time frame either, sorry. But I think you got them all with washer and dryer. You can definetly use it again, but I can understand not wanting to look at them ever again [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]. You could buy a big can of lysol and GO TO TOWN on basically every surface like I do every week [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img].. that will get em'!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thevirus dies at 65 degrees - which is quite hot for washing, so check that out. Alternately, if it doesn't wreck your comforter, just a half cup of bleach in your washing machine will do the trick totally.

And yes, eventually it dies on its own...it's just hard to know when because it depends on how much virus there is, contained in what and sitting on what.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanks for the tips! I just don't know what temperature the laundry was washed in. I just know NOW...its been a couple days. I would like to think this virus can't keep living beyond 3 days on surfaces. I appreciate all the advise everyone has to offer. Thanks so much again!

I wondered about the same things too. I just threw everything away! Sheets, comforter, pillows...gone. I didn't want to fool with it. And my son wasn't even sick with a v*, he singlehandedly consumed a LARGE bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos while his older brothers watched. He then came and got in bed with me. At this point I had no idea, until....well let me say that my child looked like the excorcist!!!!! It was terrifying and it was burning him. Thank God for daddy whom i crashed into in the hallway trying to get out of the house! I know...i'm rambling...but it's funny now that I say it!</span></font></span>
    ~♥Little1♥~