Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: know too much?

hi guys,

do you ever think you know too much about sv's?? a couple of years ago i would say my phobia was pretty bad but now i seem to obsess so much it has totally wrecked my life and my familys life too. i always used to be wary of being round people with a sv and kept my hands clean but i used to have a good diet and lifestyle, a great social life and just enjoy myself but thats all gone now.. i started researching deeply into every possible way of catching a sv and ive learnt too much that my life has stopped, sometimes i think its best not to know so much.

i dont go on holidays anymore, i dont eat out or go round friends, i dont have people round, i dont go shopping unless i really have to, my diet is totally pointless i may as well not eat. i obsess about people being ill in another country, i keep checking the world health map to see if the cases of noro have come down (its up again) i hate this.. im a totall nervous wreck.

ive had cbt and hypnotherapy and also had antidepressants and non of these have helped, i just dont know what to do next??

sorry for ranting[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

I know EXACTLY what you mean, and I feel like I know SO much, but NOT enough... like I want to beat that nasty little bugger. I come up with totally unrealistic, totally rediculous scenerios in my head on what I touched, and what my KIDS have touched. I looked at my son's hands the other day and they were all cracked and his thumb on top was sooo dry from me washing his hands sooo much and putting sanitizer on his hands constantly that it bled a little bit. I felt horrible. I took him to the grocery store with me the other day, and we were putting the bottles in the bottle return, my WORST nightmare because of all the dirty bottles and in my mind all the bottles from the people before could have been from people that *may* have had an sv* and all the buttons looked like they *must* have been infected too, and then I looked back at my son and he had his fingers in his mouth.. I F R E A K E D out and snipped at him and totally embarrassed myself and made him feel bad. I couldn't believe how crazy I was behaving. I literally almost wanted to leave the store. I had to let go that night and understand that I can't ALWAYS be there monitoring if my kids have their hands or toys in their mouths. I almost feel completely helpless to this disease sometimes. I can totally relate to how you feel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, definitely! Becoming a "expert" has just made me see a sv* in every single situation imaginable lol

I know how you feel also. I can't tell you how many times I have typed "norovirus outbreaks" into Google to see if any of them were near my area. A friend of mine got a bad sv* in Florida a few weeks ago, and even though I am 1200 miles away, I freaked out! No matter what store I am in (if I go out at all) I assume that everything I touch as been "infected". I have to remind myself the whole time I am out, not to touch my face. The second I walk in my door, I wash my hands and wipe down the door knob and even my steering wheel with bleach. I keep trying to remind myself that Spring is only 6 days away.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yeah for spring!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.