Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm just curious as to how you found this forum.

When I first found this site a few years ago I didn't even know there was a name for this fear let alone a forum. I remember Matt Lauer saying he had a fear of v* and I was so happy because I knew I wasn't alone.At a really low point in my life I googled "fear of v*" and this forum and a few others came up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I found this site in 2002 when I was trying to get some info on anxiety. I never realized I had a "phobia", just that I was always anxious....and I sort of suspected I had social anxiety disorder. This led me to one of those "cure your emetophobia" ad sites -so I read it just because it popped up and thought"Noooo way is there actually a v* phobia. That's me!" lol So I googled it and found IES

I thank google for finding IES!

I googled "fear of vomitting" and found this or some other site and then this, not sure now.
    You only live once

Yup, googled 'fear of v*' and it came up!

A random conversation came up between me and my friends, and one of them said that they cried whenever they v* - that they were scared. Everyone laughed, but I was so baffled that there was someone else that felt the same way. - It prompted me to google search it, and I found this website =] -_- Deathly relieved. I hadn't joined, just lurked until I joined a few days ago.

I found the site in 2003. I had no idea that other people had the same fear as me. I cried when I found this site because for the first time in my life, I didn't feel alone.

I went for the first twenty-odd years of my life thinking I was alone with this bizarre fear and I never told a soul, and always tried to hide my anxiety and panics for fear of being ridiculed or thought crazy. Then I came across a magazine problem page and somebody had the same problem. I absolutely couldn't believe it - somebody else that felt like me! I felt so relieved! A group called 'Gut Reaction' was recommended in the advice, I joined and received newsletters from them through the post for a few years until they went purely online. I think through visiting the online Gut Reaction site I Googled other places with the term emetophobia used and came across IES. I joined in around 2002!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I found this site because i wanted to learn more about my phobia and it's severity. I know that there are countless phobias, so i found the name of the fear of v****, and yeah... then i found this site. did you know that some people are afraid of certain colors?! i cant imagine how horrible that would be...

I found it through Google also. What would we do w/out it?! I found this in 2007 and before then I had no idea this phobia even had a name. I just can't believe that there are so many others like me in the world. I had not idea.

Google.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

Google.

<center>
    </center>

Typed in emetophobia and it came up.

Glad it did.

I was searching for something on Google, but I don't seem to remember what... and I happened upon this site! It was great to find out that I wasn't alone. n___n

Searched for emetophobia on Yahoo after reading an article about it on WebMD. Had no idea I had a real phobia or that anyone else was the same way!

I also Googled 'fear of v*' because I wanted to know what the name of it was... this was the second result after, I think, Wiki's definition

I googled emetophobia.

I was on Yahoo Answers and saw someone ask about being fearful of v*,and a answerer gave this link,I was like,huh?? No way could someone else have my phobia,and sure enough here i am and wow,i am not alone!!

[COLOR=MAGENTA]I hate hoe people try so hard to understand but
    they just cant unless they have it this site is a life saver</font>

I googled 'v phobia' and this forum came up. I really started looking for it after Matt Lauer mentioned his episode at The Lion King a couple of years ago. I found it then and never activated my membership until today. Also, around that same timemy husband got sick and passed out on the bathroom floor. I couldn't help him and I felt awful about it. I don't think he's truly forgiven me for that actually.

Quietdaze,

I remember Matt Lauer discussing his episode at The Lion King. That opened my eyes to the fact I wasn't alone.

There was another time after The Lion King incident that he came out and said his biggest fear is v*

Friend me on Facebook