Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

During the past month a lot of family and friends I know got an sv anda few of them had all of the symptomssuch as chills, fever, headache, d*, stomach cramps but did notv*. Some of them did not even get n*.

Those who did not v* are not emet either. It's the brain that causes us to v* and I"m wondering if some people areless likely to v* than others due tobiological makeup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had a sv last year and didn't v*. My son was extreamly sick, my husband just got n* and d*, and I just got n* and d*. My daughter didn't get it at all.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

it is dependent upon the strain of the virus... ie. rotavirus causes mostly d* and only v* in young children... however, norovirus is the killer, that is what us emets fear....

My brother got a SV on christmas day, his wife and one child had had it the week before, he only got d*. A few days later my husband got it and had d* and v*, my dad just got the d*, I think I just got the d* but that might have been because of the anxiety I was suffering, and I"m not sure that mum had it at all.

Apparently some blood-types are less likely to either get noroviruses or suffer as much from them (Doug - "Gumdropper" could cite the studies for you).

Also, it depends on how much of the virus you've ingested. A little bit makes you a little sick...a lot makes you a lot sick!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

i tested positive for norovirus abou six weeks ago while in hospital and did not v* however had c.diff the super bug at the same time so BAD d* but deff no V*

Yes we've all had in this family an extreme vomiting bug, which put my son in the hospital, and I didn't vomit when I caught it. I really think also that people with this disorder sort of "refuse" to on some level. I actually wanted to vomit at one point I felt so bad, and could not. I guess that is one of the many downsides to having this phobia.
    JANNA