Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: When am I safe?

My DH had several *v* episodes around midnight Monday into early Tuesday morning. We really aren't certain if this was a SV or something he ate. I sanitized the house really well yesterday (Wednesday) and have taken all of the typical emet precautions. Do you think that me and my 3 month old daughter will be "safe" by tomorrow? It has been 60+ hours since his sx began. Of course, I've been terribly worried about catching it if it was indeed a SV.

Thanks!

Jess

It's really hard to say. Generally I think it only takes a day or two to incubate, but I have experienced it at up to a full week after. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that the virus is still shed for up to two weeks after and can be caught during that time, making it appear that the incubation time can be that long. (if that makes any sense?)

That being said, I wouldn't worry a lot about it. It seems that usually the other people in the household will come down with symptoms within the 3 days after the first person was sick. You've cleaned your home and I am sure you make your hubby wash his hands and you wash yours. That's really all you can do. Try not to stress too much about it. (although I understand that is easier said than done)

Anyway, sorry he was sick. Yikes! How did you handle that?
    \"This too shall pass\"