Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys

Im chris - some of you may remeber me from a while back and I was doing so great then! I had a bit of a setback in my phobia in january, due to the norovirus outbreak in the UK. I was absolutely determined that I was going to get this unpleasant virus but, here we are in march, and I have been fine, so touch wood I have avoided it. But, with regards to the phobia, i started having the odd panic attack.

However, i did confront my phobia last year, when I got incredibly drunk and was VERY sick! Since then, i have come to realise that vomiting really is not as bad as I had imagined it to be. I was sick the one time and I felt much better even as I was being sick. My friend took me home and I slept for 8 hours - i woke up with a stinking hangover! But i felt SMASHING lol - I mean, my emetophobia was still there but I knew that i could survive being sick! Well, i hadnt been sick since I was 6 years old and, at this point, I was 17! (11 whole years without vomiting!)

We are now in march and I am in A level year. Unfortunately, i completely screwed up my AS levels and came out with DDDD! I was devastated and it took me a while to find my feet again but I retook all of my exams in january!

Maths& nbsp; B

Computing&nb sp; C

Spanish&nbsp ; A - Including 100% in my SPEAKING EXAM!!

I was ridiculously happy and I hope that I can produce the same success this summer when I hopefully go to Leeds University to study Modern Languages!

I am slowly trying to find new ways of defeating my phobia. For example, I just had my dinner (Margherita Pizza all to myself!) I ate it and i realised that it went off on the 10th of march! :S (It is now the 22nd March!) 2 years ago, I wouldnt have touched that pizza but I ate all of it. The thing with pizza is that it is kept in the pizza and it is "frozen in time" so therefore it cannot go off in the near future!

I am determined to beat this phobia and not let it ruin my life anymore! I am even going out drinking with my friends tonight and I am determined to enjoy myself and not worry about the amount that I am drinking!

I hope that you all continue in your brave fight against this phobia and hope that you all receive my determination to get over it!

Ciao a tutti

See y'all! xxx
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You are doing an awesome job!!! Have a great time tonight, you should have a toast to 'no more worries!!'[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

haha I had a really similar confrontation with my phobia last year- and it really wasn't that bad! (being so drunk you don't care helps haha..) though, my phobia came back when I sobered up.. :/

sounds like you're doing really well though, congratulations!! hope you're having a fun night!Edited by: confusedgirl

haha LAST NIGHT WAS FUN!

I wasn't sick but I had a bit of a hangover this morning! A lot of other people were sick though so I clearly wasn't the worse one there lol!

ISAIAH 41:10