Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've had a sv this weekend.

I woke up feeling very s* on Saturday morning so went to the bathroom and but was only able to dry heave. A few minutes later I started gipping - so went back to the bathroom and was s* a number of times.

I was s* 3 more times on Saturday - once on Sunday- and twice today!

I haven't been s * for an hour now and do feel al ot better.

I spoke too soon! I now feel like I'm going to v*

I've just v* and feel really ill!

And how are you feeling about it?

Very agitated and am sat here with a bowl incase I v* again! I thought I was ok when I woke up this morning so I had some breakfast- big mistake!!

Take a deep breath....are you medicating yourself?

I have had my anti-emetics and I brought them back up a few minutes ago and I really do think I might v* any second

Try and relax if at all possible,i think once you relieve yourself from all your breakfast contents you will feel better.Then,remember not to eat for the day,only liquids.

ok I've tried breathing and I do feel better - sorry

thanks Katy I do feel a bit better xxx

Don't be sorry hun,that's why we are all here,we care for one another.I hope you get better really soon,i'll be thinking about you. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

You're very welcome. xox

I got to this thread late, but how are you feeling now?

better than I was thanks Hannah - how are you? xx

flying fish, I hope you are still feeling better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hope you are o.k. Can you try anti emetics again? Do you have any idea how or where you caught it?

Flyingfish, I wish we knew more about you. It makes me uncomfortable when someone who has never posted here before makes 7 posts in about 15 minutes describing herself vomiting. We are all happy to provide support when that's what another member needs, but I think we would be more verbose if we didn't have to worry that you're a troll (someone making provocative posts just to upset us.)

Doug

P.S. Hope you are feeling OK.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Flying fish, I just want to say Good for you!! You've survived what we all think is our worst nightmare. You seem to be able to be so calm about it, and that's so exciting. Yay!

That said, I hope you're feeling a LOT better by now! Can you just try to go to sleep or something??

Yes I am thanks Centipede - thanks for your concern Centipede, because contrary to what the other posts have said I am genuine and am very upset by their posts. I am a private person adn I don't post personal details on a public forum sorry.

Flyingfish I'm sorry if you didn't feel welcome and it's not that we want you to post personal info but in the past forum members have signed up and would describe things they claimed had happened to them in graphic detail just to upset people.

One guy used to say he had food poisoning and then that he had the bowl and that he'd just been sick and describe it so some members might be reminded by that!

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hippychick- I can't believe that people are so mean! That's just terrible. Don't people have anything better to do w/ their time? It seems that you were able to weed the bad guys out though which is good.

flyingfish -- I too was quite upset by the post you received and think that althoughthe questionmay have needed to be asked it was definately not asked in a nice approachable manner. I found NOTHING graphic about your posts as you were very careful not to write "trigger" words and kept your posts quite compact and to the point.

I do hope that you are feeling well by now and that future instances (should there be any) will be accepted as a part of this forum.

I do not like to v* but mostly fear OTHERS. People including some family members do not understand this at all and others try but are not sympathetic to the cause (ie: will bring sick children to my house etc).

So if you need a shoulder to lean on... we are here for you!

I kinda agree with the 'weeding of bad members,' although I'm not sure how exactly one would go about doing it - I guess that's what the mods are for, but it's definatly not uncommon... my boyfriend warned me about going to this site, because he said that probably most of the people just wrote s* posts to make people upset =/ I'm still new to the site, but haven't seen anything here yet that really offends or upsets me.

I hope you're feeling okay too FlyingFish. I understand not wanting to post stuff in a forum. This is the first forum I've actually ever POSTED in, mostly I just read others

You have to understand that this site was "invaded" by spammers that took over our site late last year. They posted the most horrid pictures throughout all the posts and threads, and started new ones.Then, the site was shut down for several months. I do apologize if some of us come across as suspicious, but we are still trying to get over it. We are trying to make it safe for everybody.

Just my two cents here, but I found nothing wrong with Doug's reply. To be quite honest, I was thinking troll, myself. Anyhow, Flyingfish, it sounds like you handled being sick quite well. Hopefully, you're feeling much, much better now.

to tell you the truth I come here ONLY to read graphic posts. I don't do it
    often but it actually helps me get a bit more open with v*.

I guess it can be a from of exposure therapy.

Another thing... there is a reason he/she posted *graphic* in the name of
    the thread. If you feel you will get upset. Do not enter the thread.

Woaaahhh, to an emet that would be a nightmare! What was it like? Godd i'd cry over and over again and have anxiety attacks if that happened to me ..
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Glad u made it through as hard as it was [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi