Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was planning to visit my parents this Sunday for around 4 days but my mum has just told me that both her and my dad have had a sv. My mum only v* once, and my dad only had d*, but they were pretty n* for 2-3 days.

As you'll understand, I'm really unsure about going now. I could delay the trip, going Tuesday instead, which would be around 6 days since my dad recovered (he had it last), but I just don't know how long these things hang around. My dad will be doing all the food prep and cooking too, which worries me.

If it was just me I'd call the whole trip off but my kids are really looking forward to it. Any advice?

Thanks xx

I would think that you and your kids would be safe after 72 hours AS LONG AS your dad is good about personal hygiene (ie: hand washing before handing food and all).

The germs in on surfaces of the house should be long dead (I think they like moist environments so....).

Try not to disappoint your children. Make sure you are diligent about hand washing (which I'm CERTAIN you always are anyway) and have a good time!!!