Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all. My doctor recommended I start taking these juice pills because of my poor eating habits. I don't get nearly enough fruit and veggies in my diet. I ordered them and recieved them but here comes the anxiety of taking them. There is a veggie pill, fruit pill and a vineyard pill which is a combination of all kinds of berries. I'm supposed to take two a day with meals. That's six freakin pills!!! I'm planning to start out slowly but jeez...

Has anyone ever taken these or know anyone who has? My doc takes them and she swears they will make me healthy. Of course I wonder what it will do to my stomach as only a true emet would. It's all natural and nothing artificial added. Just wondering if anyone here may have some more info. Thanks!

I have never heard of these. Could you start off taking less pills a day just to test it out? That's what I would do. If your Dr. takes them then I would say it's worth a try. Let us know if they help you.

Hmm I haven't heard of them. I agree to start out w/ less and see how that goes if you are worried about it. But if it's all natural it shouldn't make you sick. Haha however just remember veggies and fruits make you more ... ahem ... regular so if you start going more than usual don't freak.

PS, I know your doctor takes them but do some research on your own. Not to be a negative nelly but I'm always skeptical of things like this.Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

No,i never knew anyone to take this type of pill/pills.I was wondering,do you have any trouble consuming fruits and veggies? I mean,i don't particularly eat them regularly as should,but when i do,i fix them as per taste. (slice apple pieces with cinnamon and a tad of sugar,grapes i love just the way they are,oranges i get with drinking orange juice),it is possible to find ways,but whatever the case,i'm interested on how you feel after trying these,if they do work,i mightjust try them given they don't cost alot. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I take raspberry pills, but only when I feel a UTI coming on... no negative effects here : ) But yeah, I would definatly check around the web a bit like the others said

I haven't heard of these pills but berries are very healthy. They arechock full of antioxidants which cleanse your body of cancer causing toxins. Some veggies (such as tomatoes) also have these antioxidants.

Antioxidants may prevent illnesses that cause v* or that require treatments that cause v*. For that reason alone I would take the pills. Besides, it's doctor recommended. Edited by: centipede

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've never heard of them. Where do you get them?
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

I take some supplements like that - forget what they're called but I take 4 a day I think. They're cool.
    I take a bunch of other supplements too though and nothing bothers me.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanks everyone for the input. I ordered them through a wellness coach but anyone can order them online. I actually decided to return them. They are expensive. Well, to me they are. The wellness coach tried to tell me that it was worth it because I was helping by body. Sure...but the stress of having to pay for them was not helping either. I am willing to order them again when I decide to get pregnant. You have to order them as a set and a 4 month supply. I usually don't order that big of a supply for something I've never tried...ya know. I like trials.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Katykins, I love fruit and when I have it here I eat a pretty good amount. I don't eat veggies because I just don't buy them. I can tolerate them. I just need to start adding them more into my diet. I tend to keep to my safe foods and other than potatoes, green veggies aren't really a part of that. I'm not totally giving up on the idea of the Juice Plus but it's just not a good time financially for me. I wish all the nutrients in the world were in potatoes...I eat them everyday. Mashed, baked, fried...I love it all. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]