Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you ever have bad dreams with this pho

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 89.13%
  • No

10 10.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad dreams

I wanted to know if anyone else here has had bad dreams with our type of phobic situation it it.I have dreams almost monthly about someone who is s* chasing me,and other dreams where i hear it and run.I have realized that these dreams usuallycome when i have consumed some types of chocolate,chips ahoy cookies especially...not always,but enough to where i don't eat them anymore.So strange,but true.

I used to get them a lot but now I don't really get them that much anymore.

Yes I get them quite regularly, but always concerning others v*ing around me and never myself, so that is something I suppose!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Yes,tc,same here,it's not me in my dreams who v* but others,i guess it is my subconscious worrying.

cant say i do get them...i have had maybe two in my life

Quote Originally Posted by katykins
    Yes,tc,same here,it's not me in my dreams who v* but others,i guess it is my subconscious worrying.</font>
    My dreams are always about others too even though I'm not even scared of others v*ing. I'm only scared of myself v*ing.

Mine come mostly when I'm worried or thinking a lot about it.

It's always someone else saying they don't feel well and them me worrying and then my fears are confirmed sometimes...but I almost never see anyone *v in those dreams. It's usually a family member. It's weird.

A few times it has been strangers and I actually did see it but it was extremely weird.

I do have bad dreams about it, since I am not afraid of other peoples V*...just me, I usually dream that I have been hanging out with someone or kissing someone or something and then they tell me that they are sick or that they are going to be sick, and then I cant get away from them to avoid the germ. I have this nightmare at least twice a month.

i get them somtimes. usually when its the last thing i think about.
    like last night, i had one about this kid in my neighboorhood. v*ing in my yard.
    when i saw him today, i couldnt even look at him, i had to run away.

soo yeah i do get them not a lot, but often.

I get them from time to time. When I would have them when I was younger, the next day at school someone would v*. Even now I'm scared my dreams might be premonitions.

I often dream that I am vomiting -- and it feels so real.

~Madeleine
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

Also -- I'm sorry; I forgot to mention this -- I sometimes dream that someone vomits (usually one of my brothers) and I touch it, and then I vomit too.

Sorry I had to add another post ....

~Madeleine
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by maddyblythechen
    I often dream that I am vomiting -- and it feels so real.

~Madeleine
    I've never had a dream about myself v*ing. I think I almost did once but I woke up before it happened if it was even going to happen.Edited by: taylor08

I don't do it often but I have dreamt about seeing people throwing up out of the corner of my eye and alking dead ahead without looking at them but still kind of seeing (funnily there's never any noise). I usually only panic in my dream if I can't walk away or if I know I'll have to walk back in that direction later. I always wake up from those dreams feeling extremely ill

i never have them but i did have one last week about myself v* and the weird thing was i didnt freak out in my dream and i wasnt scared when i woke up....it was weird! but great!!

Definetly.
    Some are worse than others. I think it depends on how anxious I am about school or life in general, and it manifests itself as an emet dream.
    In all my dreams it's usually someone else that I'm very close to getting sick, and I try to run away from them, but I can't.
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh, I remember once I had a dream that I was sleeping, and my younger sister who I share a room with woke up and came up to my bed to tell me that she felt sick, and was about to v* on me. Just as she was about to I jumped awake. Let's just say it was definitely one of those times where I felt SO happy to realize it was just a dream when I woke up!

Oh boy, do I know those moments!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had one last night for the first time in almost 3 years.

Is it so bad to dream about it? It isn't real. It doesn't really happen. You can't taste it or see it or have to clean it up. It seems like it would be a good way to learn about your phobia...

Oh and Madeline, you can edit your old posts too. Just click the edit button under the post.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by wackydeli
    Let's just say it was definitely one of those times where I felt SO happy to realize it was just a dream when I woke up!
    I always wake up from those dreams feeling so relieved that it was just a nightmare...but slightly nervous about going back to sleep. lol

I have them a LOT!! I dream about me v*, others v* and even people v* on me or in my mouth which is the worst of the worst. I always wake up shaking and sweating and feeling like Im going v*. Sometimes I cant go back to sleep at all, but mmost of the time I can calm myself down. I used to have premonitons as a kid about all sorts of stuff, so I do get paranoid sometimes!! Its just my dreams are so real and vivid, so I taste and smell everything. I have nightmares every single night and suffer from night terrors too. Hence to say, I sleep terribly and feel knackered most of the time!! xxx

I don't have BAD dreams, usually I v* or someone else v*s in the dream and I don't mind until I wake up; it's just another really bizarre part of the dream.Edited by: wallflower

I have dreams about V* all the time. At least once a week or more. I can sometimes wake myself up before it happens but most times not. It scares me but when I wake up I keep telling myself that it is sort of like fake exposure therapy. Maybe I will be able to handle it in real life if I can handle it in my dreams.

Jodi

I get them once in a while and it's always about other people v*ing, not me. I do fear both other people and me v*ing (other people a lot more, though).

When I dream about v*, it's usually myself or a family member doing it uncontrollably, and without n* beforehand. Just all of a sudden, long stream of it just coming out, with no heaving or g*ing. And it's always gross, and makes me cringe, BUT it's such a relief, and that's typically the sense I take away from the dreams like that.
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

I put yes, because I rarely will have them but still get them when under stress, especially stomach concern stress.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I dream about people vo------- usually once up to 3 times a week. I absolutely hate it too! I also have some of the dreams where I am being chased by people that are ill.....very odd. Sometimes it is a huge widespread sickness that is happening to everyone around me. Sometimes it is just as if it were a real life incident in a public place where someone does it close to me. Very annoying.

i have dreams of myself mostly and some times others v*
    i also dream that there is a thick goop in my mouth blockng my throat and no matter how much i pull or spit it keeps filling my mouth.
    I\'m so tired but I can\'t sleep, standing on the edge of something much too deep, funny how you feel so much but can

not say a word, We are screaming inside but can\'t be heard.

I've only had two in my life.