Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

if im the only emetphobic who usually only starts getting nausea at night before i go too sleep, therefore i freak out and i cant get to sleep and i keep salivating i guess because im panicking so much because i think im going to vo***. Also that when i get a stomach ache i really freak out an think im going to vo*** but in the end it really isnt but i still never eat that or eat at that place for a LONG time.... and i cant do anything i want to do such as going out of town an shopping or goin to the beach because im afraid that i will get sick an throw up and i cry sometimes because i dont think ill ever be normal again???? so is this just me or do some of you do this too??

You remind me of myself when I was a teenager. I handle it a little better now, but it's still a difficult phobia to deal with. My advice, get out as much as you can!

BandNerd

BandNerd

That happens to me a lot. I usually stay up really late because of it.

That used to happen to me when I was in elementary school. I couldn't sleep at night because I would stay up worrying, but it was moreabout the next day and having to go to school and the possibility of getting sick there. o.o;;

And since that's your first post, (I'm assuming you're new.) Welcome!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Quote Originally Posted by wing

That used to happen to me when I was in elementary school. I couldn't sleep at night because I would stay up worrying, but it was moreabout the next day and having to go to school and the possibility of getting sick there. o.o;;

And since that's your first post, (I'm assuming you're new.) Welcome!

I worry about getting sick at school too.

itbrachiebby,is this every night or no?

i have the same problem, and i get little sleep because of it. just do what i do, keep yourself occupied before bed so you don't think about it. i get online and play games on yahoo or watch tv or draw or something. i always get too tired then and just pass out. i also don't include myself in activities like going to the beach because of the same fear, but i've faced it recently and realized so what!? everyone gets sick eventually, but the chances of it happening are extremely slim. just take care of yourself and you'll be fine. ie: washing yr hands, keeping your hands away from your face / mouth. don't let it control you, you can fix yourself, i promise. i am on the path to slowly recovering. i had the same problem for years and even had to drop out of school because of it. i take cyber school now and i am seriously working on my emetophobia and anxiety everyday. i promise you, with a little effort you can get better. i feel for you, i wouldn't wish this even on the person i hate the most in this world.
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."