Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

drunk, loads of people advoid it because of s*, because i dont wanna be s* i never have and im 19.Edited by: kerry_88

yes i have indeed been drunk many times but i have only ever been sick once due to being drunk. However, it did me good because i really did realise that it wasnt as bad as I had imagined it to be!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's never as bad when you are drunk - LOL. Of course I have first hand knowledge of this. Drunk too many times to count but I am almost 40 years old (April 5th to be exact).
    I don't condone underage drinking (I have a young daughter) so I would say wait until you are old enough (you're in the UK what is the legal drinking age there)and if you feel like it have a beer or two (or a glass or wine or fruity girly drink - MY FAV). One or two shouldn't be enough to make you s* no matter what.

I've never been drunk. I'm not even old enough to drink yet but I'm probably never going to get drunk.

No,never even drank alcohol.

I don't like to be "out of control," as in, I like to have full control over my actions, and being drunk wouldn't allow me to do that.

Plus, I...really don't like alcohol, or to be around drunk people. Drunk people scare me. (Sorry!) D: I guess because they're not themselves and then there's the chance they could get sick...so I avoid people when they're drinking.

*wonders why the heck she lives in the dorms* I hate weekends at college. T___T On the plus side, I'm so grateful most kids in my suite don't drink.

But to answer the question (XD), no, I have never drank, so I have never been drunk.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

i am almost 18 and i have drank a few times never to the point of drunkeness or anything. Never been high either in the fear i will vomit. its hard though because thats what my friends are into, so usually i am either left out of it, or feel awkward when i am tagged along. i dont ever want to drink either tho
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

I'm an occasional drinker but have never been drunk.

Friend me on Facebook

i have never been drunk but want to try it!

I got drunk several times when I was in college. I have never v* from it though. At this point in my life (I'm 32) I never get drunk anymore an I have no desire to. I will drink a glass of wine w/ dinner though because I love it.

Being drunk is not really fun in my opinion. I don't like the feeling of not being in control and I don't like the fear of getting sick from it. And I definitely have no desire to be around drunk people.

I know a lot of people who don't drink for various reasons. Don't let peep pressure get to you if you are not interested.

Hi all,

This phobia can cause us to miss a lot of life. Pretty easy to feel forced to avoid things out of fear of v.

So.....three cheers for one GOOD thing - not getting drunk because of being scared of being sick.

Alcohol can be very enjoyable but I can't really think of one positive happening that comes from being drunk. People say stupid things and sometimes do stupid things. Not only bad stuff happening to the one who had too much, but bad stuff to others too.
    I've seen the blood and damage from the ER end of things. Not pretty and sometimes permanent nasty changes - that no amount of surgery or time or hard work will every bring back to "normal". Our bodies can handle incredible trauma and make amazing recoveries. But our brains? Well, sad to say: our MOST valuable asset just doesn't like to be damaged - soft - really really soft!

No doubt a preachy sounding rant - but if every one of us who struggles with emetophobia is able to enjoy alcohol but spends a lifetime never getting drunk - finally something we might as well all celebrate - one good thing that comes out of having this awful awful phobia.
    Sue

I have only drunken enough to feel bad the next day once...I did get sick but felt pretty bad for a few hours. That's when I was about...18 and I kept drinking (alone) because I didn't feel it until like the 5th beer.

For whatever reason...I'm only 95 lbs...but it takes a lot of alcohol for me to actually feel it, and sometimes it I can drink and drink and not feel it at all.

I don't drink often, but when I do...no more than two.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Ya I got drunk a few times since I got emet. But, only one time i felt nauseated enough to panic, i got a huge headache coz i was hungover. I felt quite sick, but fought it well. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

wow i think i must be one of the only emets out there is labelled an alcoholic among some of her friends! i drink often and i drink ALOT and ive had a LOT of close calls from nearly being sick due to drinking. i cannot stand hangovers, they make me want to die but i have such a good time most times when im drinking. i feel happier than i normally do.. same goes for smoking weed haha but that doesnt give u a hangover thank God!
    Angles

Lol, angles, some friends affectionatley call me an alcie! I'm a regular drinker and have been drunk on many an occasion (but I am 38 so have been drinking a while!) but much prefer to feel just very merry. There's nothing worse than that awful room spinning, can't focus unless you close one eye feeling! That usually means I'm gonna be ill. I always try and judge how much I will be ok on, if I think one more drink will make me ill I won't have it.

Unlike a lot of my friends who drink every night I do limit myself to just two nights drinking a week. I admit I really look forward to those nights!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I am by no means an alchie (LOL) but am celebrating my 40th birthday tomorrow and plan to get HAMMERED!!! 2008 has been a very rough year for my immediate and extended family and I'm having one of those "milestone" b-days (which has me a bit blue) so... family, friends, drinks, shooting pool and darts and did I say drinks should help alievate the saddness and stress I have been under lately...

Let's hope that I don't overdo it (and more importantly for me that OTHERS don't overdo it - LOL -- my biggest fear -- husband too drunk and gets s*** in bed or on me or AT ALL)....

I used to drink a lot when I was in my 20s. Then I started having kids and I can't imagine drinking and then having to take care of them!! I never have gotten sick from it either, and I was so drunk once that I gave my sister a lap dance. . . . [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I have never been drunk. I hardly ever drink either. It is not because of my fear of v* but its because I had to witness two alcoholic parents and I cant imagine ever wanting to be like that.

i feel like im missing out but i think if i wasnt so scared of v* i woudlnt drink as of the stupid things i could do.

I got drunk for the first time when I was 21. After 4 times, I got sick and I quit cold turkey. I'm an idiot though because I smoked pot instead of getting drunk during high school. To me it was a lot safer. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

No, I have never gotten drunk. I don't even drink, not entirely because of my emetophobia, but also because I am straight-edge and alcohol tastes horrible to me.

I have never been drunk and im a 22 year old student! Pretty hard getting out of it but I have managed this long! the most I have ever had is two beers. I don't understand how I could, its potentially inflicting my worse fear onto myself! Wow wish I was brave enough as some of you guys to just let my hair down for once! Im really suprised that quite a few people with emetophobia do get drunk! i thought that would be as avoided as germs or ill people!

i have never gotten drunk due to the fact alocholism runs in my family, and im scared i will turn into an alocholic.
    && plus the fact im way underage.
    && the V* part.

Quote Originally Posted by party_boi3423
    yes i have indeed been drunk many times but i have only ever been sick once due to being drunk. However, it did me good because i really did realise that it wasnt as bad as I had imagined it to be!
    This was exactly what I was going to say..

I have never been drunk; i have been tipsy but not drunk.
    I avoid everything that could make me v*.

I've been completely hammered before but I know what my limit is and I know what not to drink. I've never once v* from drinking. Once I reach my limit, no matter how drunk I am, I don't have any more. That's probably the one thing I can still control when in that state.

I have drank before but never to the point of v*. I no longer drink alcohol at all as it makes my tummy feel awful so why bother. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I have been drunk lots of times. But, a couple of you mentioned that you don't drink b/c you want to be in control. That's the way I feel. And if you think about it, control is really important to us emets. The ultimate show of no control is to v*.

There's no reason why you can't enjoy alcohol with this phobia. Three rules to stick by if you don't want to v*:
    1. Drink sensibly - pace yourself (if you've never drank then 1/2 an hour) and know when to stop
    2. Eat beforehand - food soaks up a lot of the alcohol and it acts like a balm to soothe your stomach, you'll feel MUCH better if you eat first
    3. Drink water - every couple of drinks, have a glass of water instead.