Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so i went to cook my tea.. and i got soem birds eye fish cakes from the freezer and i read the back and it said 20 mins at 110 degrees so after 25 mins i got them out and started eating them i are half of one and for some reason was just scared they werent cooked .. so i went into the freezer to double check and i read the wrong bit, if it was a fan oven it had to be on 110 degrees but mines not so it shud have been on 130 degrees..

so now i must have given myself food poisoning.. and i dont know what to do im petrified im gunna get sick.. my mum said that its not possible to get sick from the frozen packet foods as there pre cooked.. and aslong as it wasnt frozen its ok .. but i dont beleiev this pelase tell me some honest advice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They are pre cooked so you are re heating but ofcourse you should cook things well. Were they hot when you ate them? I mean I'm sure you wouldn't have eaten frozen things because it would have been too gross haha. I'm sure that you will be fine hun, try and relax if you can.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

they defo wasnt frozen.. they were soft in the middle and like potato like.. (mash) there brown on the outside but they werent RED HOT but then again by the time id put my potatos on my plate it was like 5 mins im so scared

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If they were precooked then you will be fine. I would just put them back in the oven and finish heating them

You will be just fine. Relax... and when are you having that baby? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] or did I miss a post??

i had him . 22nd march ...
    how do i no if they were pre cooked or not? they were just in a birds eye box

im freaking out now so much [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Awwww hun, I'm sorry you are panicking so much. Just try and take deep breaths and stay as calm as you can. I'm sure you are going to be absolutely fine.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

i cant do this.. im in tears really badly.. im shakign.. i cant calm down i know ive give myself food poisonign and the worse thing is i cant do anything about it..

Hun, think about it, people eat sushi! In fact I was watching this programme about this guy lost at sea who survived on raw fish! even IF it was undercooked (which I doubt as you wouldn't have eaten it) it was already cooked so you're way ahead of things!

so is there no way i could have food poisoning from them?
    i mean the fishcakes were about
    (&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp ;&nbsp
    that big .. lol
    and i ate half maybe a little more.. and thats it ive thrown them all away now... even if it WAS undercooked would that be enough to give me food poisoning?

I really think you will be okay. It sounds like it was a pre-cooked item. Plus you left it in the over for 5 minutes longer than the instructions said. ALSO, how do you know your over doesn't get hotter than you set it on? A lot of them do. Please try to relax and try to distract yourself w/ something. Go pop a movie in or do some laundry or read a book. I really, really do think you will be okay. Take care, Regina

thankyou regina.
    i read the packet and it does say cooking instructions are a guideline only.. please ensure product is piping hot before serving.. so i think it is pre cooked but im not too sure... i am freaked out tho a lot incase it makes me poorly.
    ive had another talk with my mum and she seems to be certain that there was nothing wrong with it as she said even if it was you would have to eat a lot of it and also it wud have to be frozen in the middle. she sais 20 degrees wont make much of a diffrnce

sorry made a mistake lol..
    i didnt mean 110 degrees i meant 210 degrees!

Hi Abbey,
    I live in a Japanese fishing village on the west coast of British Columbia, Canada. We eat raw fish all the time in the form of sushi! So I can't imagine that even if the fish were totally raw and frozen that you could possibly get sick from it. They're giving you guidelines to heat the whole thing through to piping hot so you enjoy it. Besides, the potato and such would taste better fully cooked. But there's no danger in it, so relax!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Abby-your son was born on my birthday[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

abby, you will be fine. Frozen Fish and Chicken tend to already be precooked and the frozen. When you heat them you are just re-heating them and making them edible.
    Dont stress hun, it will be ok.

How about some details on that little boy

Thankyou for all your advice and support guys it makes me feel better when i get some reassurance.
    Im going to try go to bed now and hopefully i will sleep and be ok xxxxx

You will be fine! You would have noticed when you were eating them if they were still cold inside.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb