Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i was fine all day yesterday then when i got into bed it would have been around 1am.. all of a sudden i couldnt get warm i was shivering.. then i got red hot.. i was sweating .. for hours i kept waking up being hot then cold... when i stood up i felt light headed.. dizzy and i had headache.. i was so afraid i was going to be sick but i wasnt *touch wood*
    this morning im still not right.. im cold.. i dont want to eat.. my head feels awful.. my throat and mouth feel so dry yet i dont want to drink or anything im so afraid somethings wrong

my partner has told me its like a flu thing as ive had a bad throat for about a week and my daughter has been full of cold but i dont know.. im petrified...

truthfully.. if it was an illness to make me v* would i have already done it by now? (its now 1.07pm here) xx

please can someone give me some advice

Sounds like you have a fever... have you taken your temp?

If your daughter has a cold chances are you picked something up from her.

I get strep throat very easily and if you've had a sore thoat for a week already maybe you should see your Dr.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

It sounds like influenza! I had it and my daughter had it and we never got nauseous. It's not fun, see if you can go to the doctor and get a flu test done and see if you can get a prescription for Tamiflu, you have to go today or tomorrow, it only works within 48 hours of feeling ill, but my daughter and I took it and it works immediately!

this is the thing i wont go into doctors because of the bugs and things...

do you honestly think its nothing to make me sick? and would i have definatly been sick by now?

I'm almost positive that if you were going to be sick you would have been by now, but if you are feeling unwell and have had a sore throat for a week you should go see your doctor -- you might have an infection and need antibiotics.

Do you have a fever?

hey abbey

you would have v* by now if it was going to happen it does sound like you have fever i would sure you drink lots and take parcetomol for the fever it will make you feel so much better if your fever goes and you dehydrate alot quicker with a fever personnally i would not go to the doctor unless the fever persist for a few more days as they do not do much if it has only been going on for 24 hours also you have just had a baby haven't you so you are probably a bit run down and will make it easier for you to catch what your kids have hope you feel better soon
    lyndsayanne

PS I catch everything my kids get you will cope and that will not happen to you i am immunosuppressed so cannot fight infections or bugs

lyndsayanne

thankyou hun its just so hard at the moment i darent eat.. im so scared im going to be sick i dont know what to do im in such a panic... my temp has dropped now but i still dont feel right my mum seems to think its a cold/flu but i dont know anymore..
    all i want to do is cry im shaking and panicing so much :'(

when a person has a fever and becomes dehydrated, it can make them feel 10x worse. I would highly recommend at least drinking something. If you were going to get sick, than you would have a long time ago.

chewing on ice chips, and sipping gingerale or sprite would be quite beneficial and help you feel better all the sooner. ^____^

hi abbey hun,
    sorry your feeling s rough!it does sound like influenza to me but please hun you must eat or you will make yourself feel worse, keep hydrated and eat little and often.. and get lots of rest when you can, you got 2 little ones now so your probably feeling a little run down which is pobably why you caught it..look after yourself hunny xx
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

I hope you are feeling a little better now. Sounds like flu/bad cold to me too. Try and eat if only a little, keep sipping water and rest up as much as you can. Feel well again soon!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

thanks guys.. i went to bed last night and actually slept really well apart from sweating constantly!
    when i woke up this morning my head was still pounding and i was weak when i stood up but i got a bath and some paracetomol and i felt a little better, im going to have some tea now and i hope it goes away soon

Hey Abbey,

Sorry you're not feeling well, congrats on your new son. Are you nursing him? I know this may sound weird but my girlfriend felt exactly like what you are describing for 6 weeks after her son was born. Sweating, cold, nausea all sorts of crap and it turned out that she had a breast infection, clogged ducts or something but no breast symptoms. When that happens your body just fights it like a normal cold/flu and you feel crappy until they figure it out and get some antibiotics in you. She did not even know that was what was going on until she finally went to the doctor for the other symptoms, she never v* but felt pretty miserable for weeks. I just thought I would bring it up just in case you don't feel better soon, you might ask your doc if he/she could check for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry your feeling ill abbey, hope your feeling better now

it might be that your hormones are still out of whack, trying to get back to your pre-pregnancy levels. hormones can do weird things to our bodies...just keep an eye on it that's all. you need to be well for your new son!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think you would have already been sick! You'll be fine, don't worry any more.

~Maddy
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island